Woj: Kevin Durant Is 'Not Coming Back To The Nets This Year'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Woj: Kevin Durant Is 'Not Coming Back To The Nets This Year' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun May 10, 2020 4:41 pm

Adrian Wojnarowski reiterated that Kevin Durant will not return to the Brooklyn Nets this year even with the season delayed.

“Guys, Kevin Durant’s not coming back to the Nets this year, that’s not happening, they’re not playing him," said Wojnarowski on The Woj Pod.

Rich Kleiman, Durant's business partner, echoed those thoughts in an interview with Frank Isola and Wes Wilcox.

“From my standpoint, no. I think it’s unrealistic. That’s just my view on it. We haven’t gotten deep into the conversation about it because of how unrealistic it all seems to me. I figure that, if something changed, he would tell me," said Kleiman.

Sean Marks added last week that Durant will be 100% when he returns to the court.

Via Nets Daily

Red8911
RealGM
And1: 4,222

Re: Woj: Kevin Durant Is 'Not Coming Back To The Nets This Year' 

Post#2 » by Red8911 » Sun May 10, 2020 5:38 pm

MJ would of came back...
MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Post#3 » by MitchB3 » Sun May 10, 2020 6:33 pm

I don't why you wouldn't want to come back really.
Scalabrine
RealGM
And1: 7,335

Post#4 » by Scalabrine » Sun May 10, 2020 7:35 pm

MitchB3 wrote:I don't why you wouldn't want to come back really.

Hes getting paid the same no matter what. No need to rush back. Especially with how much of a mess its going to be to get this season played out. We're not talking about MJ or Kobe here, we're talking about a guy that joined onto a 73 win team to win a championship.
Go Knicks!
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#5 » by cheese318 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:11 pm

Scalabrine wrote:

Hes getting paid the same no matter what. No need to rush back. Especially with how much of a mess its going to be to get this season played out. We're not talking about MJ or Kobe here, we're talking about a guy that joined onto a 73 win team to win a championship.

He would be a moron to get back on the court this season. Wait until 2020-21 season and he can be close to 100% especially since the season most likely will have a delayed start that is benefiting him even more. No point to risk it. They aren’t even that good this year. Kyrie continues to get hurt. Call it a wash of a season and start to build next year
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#6 » by luss54321 » Sun May 10, 2020 9:53 pm

cheese318 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

He would be a moron to get back on the court this season. Wait until 2020-21 season and he can be close to 100% especially since the season most likely will have a delayed start that is benefiting him even more. No point to risk it. They aren’t even that good this year. Kyrie continues to get hurt. Call it a wash of a season and start to build next year

I hope Durant gets close to 100%, but history is not on his side.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#7 » by TheCage4 » Mon May 11, 2020 1:33 am

How many different sources do we need to reiterate the same point?
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore
ElectricMayhem
RealGM
And1: 11,163

Post#8 » by ElectricMayhem » Mon May 11, 2020 1:17 pm

Red8911 wrote:MJ would of came back...

I’m not sure he would’f.
At the end of the day, it's not about wins and losses. Teamwork, fair play, and good sportsmanship make champions of us all.

Go arbitrary assortment of athletes! Beat the other arbitrary assortment of athletes or my mood will suffer!
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,224

Post#9 » by King4Day » Mon May 11, 2020 2:46 pm

Smart. He needs a solid camp to get his body into shape. If he returns, without all the usual time it takes to be ready for the season, it might cause him some serious issues
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
cheese318
Sixth Man
And1: 227

Post#10 » by cheese318 » Wed May 20, 2020 7:42 am

luss54321 wrote:
cheese318 wrote:
Scalabrine wrote:

I hope Durant gets close to 100%, but history is not on his side.

Yea I should have stated to get as close to 100% post rehab. I agree that who knows what KD will be like after having such a serious injury at his age as history does not show a good future after an injury like this. Maybe 1-2 years of top level play. Hopefully he bounces back like it never happened. If he has 3-4 seasons of play like his old self I think that’s a major win for him
Hoopzilla wrote:
Whether I was born or not when the Orlando Magic tried to form a Super Team means absolutely nothing to this conversation. One thing is pretty clear, you are the load your mother should have swallowed and moved on with her life... :nod:

Return to Wiretap Discussion