Brett Brown Says He's Focused On 'What Works In The Playoffs'

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 195

Brett Brown Says He's Focused On 'What Works In The Playoffs' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 16, 2020 6:58 pm

Brett Brown admitted he often thinks about his future with the Philadelphia 76ers, especially if the season didn't resume.

“I mean, you’re human. You think about it all the time. I wouldn’t say you think about it to the point where it weighs you down, but I get it," said Brown about his future with the team if the season was canceled.

Brown said he feels "respectfully cocky" about the work he and his coaching staff have done during the stoppage in play. 

Brown said that his main focus is on the playoffs, adding that his team's length could match up with any opponent.

“All of our attention during the regular season, and when we meet even now on the phone, is ‘what works in the playoffs’? I think if you took a ruler, a measuring stick, and you measured us wingspan to wingspan, we have the tallest team in the NBA. I think that we have opportunity to guard because of that length, and spirit, as well as anybody.”

Via Rich Hofmann & Derek Bodner/The Athletic

spree2kawhi
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,329

Re: Brett Brown Says He's Focused On 'What Works In The Playoffs' 

Post#2 » by spree2kawhi » Sun May 17, 2020 9:04 am

"... focused on what worked in the 80s."
MitchB3
Bench Warmer
And1: 68

Post#3 » by MitchB3 » Sun May 17, 2020 11:09 am

Failure to make it to the CF will results in parting ways with Brett Brown trust me.
captain green
Veteran
And1: 1,319

Post#4 » by captain green » Sun May 17, 2020 11:25 pm

I got news for Philly doesn't matter who you sign.
No one is scared of a Brett brown coached team.
As far as I'm concerned keep him for the next 6 years. That will help my team out thanks
We always talk about there’s A-to-Z… really, there’s A-to-G or -E,’” Ainge told Celtics.com of a team’s typical offseason agenda. “This year, there’s definitely A-to-Z.” : danny ainge
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 204

Post#5 » by TheCage4 » Mon May 18, 2020 12:18 pm

I don’t think the 76ers ability to guard anyone is the issue. It’s their lack of personnel who can spread the floor offensively that hinders them.
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion