Larry Nance Jr. Hopeful NBA Considers Players With Preexisting Conditions

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Larry Nance Jr. Hopeful NBA Considers Players With Preexisting Conditions 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon May 18, 2020 8:29 pm

Larry Nance Jr. has a preexisting condition that will make him more vulnerable to COVID-19 and he's hoping the NBA will consider people like him when they restart games.

Nance has Crohn's disease and uses a therapy that enables him to play basketball but also surpasses his immune system.

"I would hope there would be an understanding [from the league] if someone didn't feel comfortable coming back that'd you get a pass," Nance said. "Just because you may look like the picture of health, some people have issues you can't see."

Nance had recently played against Rudy Gobert before the Utah center tested positive for COVID-19. Nance was "absolutely terrified" following Gobert's positive test. Nance's fears have since been calmed after he learned more about the virus. 

"I'm paying super close attention to everything that is going on," he said. "I was watching the German soccer league over the weekend and seeing how the players were interacting with each other and still seeing them make a lot of contact. I can't even imagine being on one of those calls trying to hash this out. There's so many ways to spread this."

Via Brian Windhorst/ESPN

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Larry Nance Jr. Hopeful NBA Considers Players With Preexisting Conditions 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Tue May 19, 2020 12:31 pm

I wish I could use a therapy that “surpasses” my immune system! :banghead:
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion