Joe Ingles Prepared To Play If NBA Resumes Season

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Joe Ingles Prepared To Play If NBA Resumes Season 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri May 22, 2020 8:27 pm

Comments from Joe Ingles over two months ago about not playing to protect his family from COVID-19 resurfaced in Australia this week. Ingles responded on Twitter with an update to his position.  

Ingles has a son with autism and a weekend immune system.

Via RealGM Staff Report

trex_8063
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 7,265

Re: Joe Ingles Prepared To Play If NBA Resumes Season 

Post#2 » by trex_8063 » Sat May 23, 2020 2:11 pm

Weird nit to pick, but......"weekend" immune system? :nonono:

Pay attention kids: spelling and grammar does actually count in the real world. My wife was reviewing resumes for a potential new hire, and there was one applicant she disregarded in the first two sentences of the resume because of a grammatical blunder not totally unlike this^^. The applicant may have had other good qualities, but my wife read that and thought "if she speaks to clients with that kind grammar it reflects poorly on all of us", so.....written off immediately.

Probably a thousand other contexts in which you'll be written off for these kinds of mistakes [everything from losing out on a job application to not being taken seriously on an internet forum].
"Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience." -George Carlin

"The fact that a proposition is absurd has never hindered those who wish to believe it." -Edward Rutherfurd
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#3 » by jlokine » Sat May 23, 2020 6:03 pm

I have a weekend immune system too. It kicks in on the weekends but monday to friday i feel sluggish and sometimes sick and feel the need to take a sick day.
TheSeeker
Sophomore
And1: 61

Post#4 » by TheSeeker » Sat May 23, 2020 7:30 pm

The RealGM folks are idiots. Definitely not writers.
hippesthippo
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,305

Post#5 » by hippesthippo » Mon May 25, 2020 9:13 am

trex_8063 wrote:Weird nit to pick, but......"weekend" immune system? :nonono:

Pay attention kids: spelling and grammar does actually count in the real world. My wife was reviewing resumes for a potential new hire, and there was one applicant she disregarded in the first two sentences of the resume because of a grammatical blunder not totally unlike this^^. The applicant may have had other good qualities, but my wife read that and thought "if she speaks to clients with that kind grammar it reflects poorly on all of us", so.....written off immediately.

Probably a thousand other contexts in which you'll be written off for these kinds of mistakes [everything from losing out on a job application to not being taken seriously on an internet forum].

A grammatical error, such as your use of the ellipse, is far different than a spelling error.

Return to Wiretap Discussion