Tom Thibodeau, Kenny Atkinson, Mike Miller To Interview For Knicks' Job

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Tom Thibodeau, Kenny Atkinson, Mike Miller To Interview For Knicks' Job 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed May 27, 2020 5:32 pm

The New York Knicks are expected to interview Tom Thibodeau, Kenny Atkinson and Mike Miller for their head coaching vacancy

Thibodeau is widely considered to be the top candidate for the job.

Atkinson was fired as head coach of the Brooklyn Nets in March.

The Knicks have been impressed by the job Miller has done as interim head coach and is expected to be offered a position to stay with the franchise even if he's not offered the head coaching job.

New York fired David Fizdale as head coach early in the 19-20 season.

Via Shams Charania, Mike Vorkunov/The Athletic

BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Re: Tom Thibodeau, Kenny Atkinson, Mike Miller To Interview For Knicks' Job 

Post#2 » by BigHustle » Wed May 27, 2020 6:59 pm

Reminds me of dick Thalers winners curse.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#3 » by Barcs » Wed May 27, 2020 8:21 pm

I'm happy with any of them, but the Nets deserve Thibodeau so they can complete the collapse. Atkinson is good at developing talent, Knicks need that right now.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#4 » by luss54321 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:06 am

Barcs wrote:I'm happy with any of them, but the Nets deserve Thibodeau so they can complete the collapse. Atkinson is good at developing talent, Knicks need that right now.

Thibs won a championship in Boston as the architect of their defense and had the best record in the NBA two years in the row in Chicago, with Joakim Noah as his second best player.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Tue Jun 2, 2020 7:18 pm

luss54321 wrote:
Barcs wrote:I'm happy with any of them, but the Nets deserve Thibodeau so they can complete the collapse. Atkinson is good at developing talent, Knicks need that right now.

Thibs won a championship in Boston as the architect of their defense and had the best record in the NBA two years in the row in Chicago, with Joakim Noah as his second best player.

That's true, but it's well known he overplays his stars and they often get hurt. Coaching KD and Kyrie, I can see them both re-injured before playoffs. I wanted Thibs on the Knicks like 4 years ago, but instead they keep the carousel of unproven newbies turning and giving them virtually no talent to work with. I wouldn't be against Thibs, maybe he can instill some defense.
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Discussion