Majority Of NBA GMs Prefer Resuming Season By Going Straight To Playoffs

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Majority Of NBA GMs Prefer Resuming Season By Going Straight To Playoffs 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat May 30, 2020 5:20 am

16 out of the 30 NBA GMs voted for the season to resume by going straight to the playoffs.

The seeding would be based on the standings from when games were suspended in March.

When asked how many teams should participate in a potential "playoff-plus" scenario, 15 GMs voted for 20 teams to participate.

The Board of Governors is expected to approve a scenario involving 20-22 teams next Thursday.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Daver
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,031

Re: Majority Of NBA GMs Prefer Resuming Season By Going Straight To Playoffs 

Post#2 » by Daver » Sat May 30, 2020 10:45 am

Am i the only one who thinks that group play is the best format.Top 4 teams pick 1 team from each group each group you would have 5 teams you play each team 2xs n the best 2 records from each group advance to the final 8.Then in 2nd round you either then go to the 1-8 2-7 etc format or you have the top 2 teams from each group play eachother in best of 7 am i wrong to think that would work out perfect
tien90802
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#3 » by tien90802 » Sat May 30, 2020 2:58 pm

Daver wrote:Am i the only one who thinks that group play is the best format.Top 4 teams pick 1 team from each group each group you would have 5 teams you play each team 2xs n the best 2 records from each group advance to the final 8.Then in 2nd round you either then go to the 1-8 2-7 etc format or you have the top 2 teams from each group play eachother in best of 7 am i wrong to think that would work out perfect

You can’t have the top teams eliminated in group play.

Also, you don’t want the 20th seed advancing and the 1st seed being knocked out.
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#4 » by Vegeta10176 » Sun May 31, 2020 4:23 am

tien90802 wrote:
Daver wrote:Am i the only one who thinks that group play is the best format.Top 4 teams pick 1 team from each group each group you would have 5 teams you play each team 2xs n the best 2 records from each group advance to the final 8.Then in 2nd round you either then go to the 1-8 2-7 etc format or you have the top 2 teams from each group play eachother in best of 7 am i wrong to think that would work out perfect

You can’t have the top teams eliminated in group play.

Also, you don’t want the 20th seed advancing and the 1st seed being knocked out.

I think the best play off format would be best of 5 series 1 v 4 2 v 3 5 v 8 and 6 v 7.. Then the loser of the bottom 4 eliminated and the loser of the top 4 plays the winner of the bottom 4.. The winners then go on and play the first round winners in reverse i.e. if 4 played 1 they now play 2 at which point you resume best of 7 series.. It means more meeting with the top 4 in playoffs and more interesting..

Return to Wiretap Discussion