Kings Part Ways With Play-By-Play Announcer Grant Napear For Racially Insensitive Tweets

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Kings Part Ways With Play-By-Play Announcer Grant Napear For Racially Insensitive Tweets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 3, 2020 12:49 am

Grant Napear has stepped down from his role as television play-by-play announcer for the Sacramento Kings.

KHTK 1140 also announced they are parting ways with Napear. Napear had hosted a daily radio show with Doug Christie.

Napear's exit comes after an incident of racial insensitivity on social media.

“Grant Napear has resigned from the Sacramento Kings,” the team said in a statement. “We thank him for his contributions to the team and wish him all the best.”

Napear issued the following statement through the Kings: “I want to thank the fans for their overwhelming love and support. I will always remain a part of Kings nation in my heart.”

Napear was placed on administrative leave by KHTK on Monday, one day after he responded to former Kings player DeMarcus Cousins’ question to him on Twitter about the Black Lives Matter movement with “All Lives Matter.” Tuesday, KHTK ended the relationship.

Chris Webber and Matt Barnes backed up Cousins in the matter, suggesting Napear has a history of racism. 

Via Jason Jones/The Athletic

Return to Wiretap Discussion