Adam Silver To Propose 22-Team Restart, Play-In Tournament For Eighth Seed

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 195

Adam Silver To Propose 22-Team Restart, Play-In Tournament For Eighth Seed 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jun 3, 2020 3:24 pm

Adam Silver is planning on proposing a 22-team format for the resumption of the 19-20 season at Thursday's Board of Governors meeting.

Each team will play eight regular season games that will help determine playoff seeding.

Silver will also propose a play-in tournament for the eighth seed.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Jedzz
Head Coach
And1: 1,506

Re: Adam Silver To Propose 22-Team Restart, Play-In Tournament For Eighth Seed 

Post#2 » by Jedzz » Thu Jun 4, 2020 2:29 am

Why rule out any of the teams if they are going to let 22 continue and drag this out until Nov. Might as well contract these other teams getting robbed of TV games, parked for likely a year's worth of time and sht on by the commisioner that brought gambling, TV theatre coerced game action, the best refs known to sports (wink), who allowed superteam building, generally removed competitiveness from half the league and helped get China's communist money involved. Three cheers for this bastard.
xx1c1cle
Sophomore
And1: 52

Post#3 » by xx1c1cle » Thu Jun 4, 2020 2:39 am

Jedzz wrote:Why rule out any of the teams if they are going to let 22 continue and drag this out until Nov. Might as well contract these other teams getting robbed of TV games, parked for likely a year's worth of time and sht on by the commisioner that brought gambling, TV theatre coerced game action, the best refs known to sports (wink), who allowed superteam building, generally removed competitiveness from half the league and helped get China's communist money involved. Three cheers for this bastard.

I agree with you, at first. at the least, allow the other 8 teams to play in their own bubble, own playoffs.it probably won't be as intense as the other 22 game group, but it does give them a chance to get on the court and get some air time.

however, the logistics of getting the 22 team restart successfully operational is going to a risky challenge. it will take enormous resources and collaboration. Perhaps, the league is worried that staff, teams, refs will be tapped out. And putting resources into the 8 team left-overs may spread the NBA too thin- and cause it all to fail.

I want a playoffs. I want 16 healthy teams. this country needs a distraction.
Jedzz
Head Coach
And1: 1,506

Post#4 » by Jedzz » Thu Jun 4, 2020 7:25 pm

xx1c1cle wrote:
Jedzz wrote:Why rule out any of the teams if they are going to let 22 continue and drag this out until Nov. Might as well contract these other teams getting robbed of TV games, parked for likely a year's worth of time and sht on by the commisioner that brought gambling, TV theatre coerced game action, the best refs known to sports (wink), who allowed superteam building, generally removed competitiveness from half the league and helped get China's communist money involved. Three cheers for this bastard.

I agree with you, at first. at the least, allow the other 8 teams to play in their own bubble, own playoffs.it probably won't be as intense as the other 22 game group, but it does give them a chance to get on the court and get some air time.

however, the logistics of getting the 22 team restart successfully operational is going to a risky challenge. it will take enormous resources and collaboration. Perhaps, the league is worried that staff, teams, refs will be tapped out. And putting resources into the 8 team left-overs may spread the NBA too thin- and cause it all to fail.

I agre with wanting 16 teams. They rest all failed to amass the record in time. It would have been fair and easier on everything, safer than all other cplans, to just let the 16 have a playoffs and be done. it would have taken less time to get going, pushed off the next season less, all of it. But these simple answers don't work for people that want Zion in the playoffs and those that want the NBA seasons pushed back later in the year forever. So all these excuses and choices are bringing about the things a few people want to see happen. It will take foolish actions, like jamming 1,100 people into one giant facility bubble during the covid era. Gee, I wonder who first came up with that great idea.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 1,816

Post#5 » by Cassius » Thu Jun 4, 2020 8:29 pm

xx1c1cle wrote:

I still think Josh Jackson is going to do something stupid.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.

Return to Wiretap Discussion