bronxballa wrote:Dear Commissioner,
This isn't the time for the NBA to play. 16 players test positive! Common, what does that tell you. We, the sports fans have lived without sports for months now. We can continue for a couple of months more. Scratch this season, it is not worth it. There will always be an * for the team that wins it.
This is all about leaving money on the table. It has nothing to do with the fans. Y'all want your money. Watching an NBA game without the hoopin and hollarin of the fans is like going to the playground to watch a pickup game, who cares? If I'm watching and a player hits a big three, the fans screaming pumps me up more. STOP this!
Begin the 20-21 season if you can at its regular time. We the fans, at least this fan is turned off by what you are doing. This isn't about the integrity of the game, it is about MONEY!
- 16 is not a lot out of 302. That's 5%. Let's not exaggerate
- Money is what drives this league and there are some important milestones that need to be met. We don't the CBA can be scrapped. We don't want the cap to drastically go down. We don't want owners to start selling their teams. All these have an indirect impact on fanbases.
- In terms of fans going crazy that's always fun but this will be like summer league and people watch that every year. People watch basketball for the players, not the fans.
- You as a fan might not care about a delay in the game but the casual fans might not come back. They might not buy tickets or merchandise or watch on TV. If done successfully this can set-up basketball as the only sport to watch in the pandemic. If done right this can appeal to a whole new fanbase with fans from other sports watching. Just do it right.
- Yes it's about money. However this bubble is going to be incredibly secure. Probably will be safer in there than walking around in Texas or Arizona. I wish I was in that bubble, safer than out here where I can get the virus going grocery shopping.
- There are some big narratives that need to be played out around the LA teams, Giannis, Houston, Phily, etc. You drop a season you impact legacies, rivalries et al.
Perhaps he is hated because he is a narcissist, pathological liar, incapable of decent human emotions, incapable of running an organization such as a government. He incites racial hatred, doesn't know how to handle a crisis - I'll stop there.