Wilson Chandler Opts Out Of Orlando Restart

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Wilson Chandler Opts Out Of Orlando Restart 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:18 pm

Wilson Chandler informed the Brooklyn Nets that he will not join the team once the season resumes in Orlando.

“As difficult as it will be to not be with my teammates, the health and well-being of my family has to come first. Thank you to the Nets organization for understanding and supporting me in this decision, and I will be watching and rooting for our team in Orlando," said Chandler.

Chandler averaged 5.9 points in 35 games this season.

Via Malika Andrews/ESPN

xam2k7
Junior
And1: 23

Re: Wilson Chandler Opts Out Of Orlando Restart 

Post#2 » by xam2k7 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:43 pm

The health and well being of his family should be fine if he just stays away from them for a couple of months during the season. Why cant these guys just stay away from their families for 2 months? Doesn't make sense to me... soldiers, doctors in residency programs, oil rig workers, EVEN COLLEGE STUDENTS (many of these players have already done it at college or on the road during the season!) etc... all are jobs or situations in which you may not see your families for MUCH longer at a time.

Families would be safe from exposure if they just stayed home and the players went off to do their job and then come back afterward with proper testing to ensure they are returning without exposing their family to the virus.
BillTheGOAT
Starter
And1: 1,930

Post#3 » by BillTheGOAT » Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:48 pm

He's going to be a free agent after the Bucks sweep the Nets in round 1.

He wont be rooting for no one.

He cares about his next contract, which I have no problem with.
BasketballJunky
Sophomore
And1: 15

Post#4 » by BasketballJunky » Mon Jun 29, 2020 12:04 pm

xam2k7 wrote:The health and well being of his family should be fine if he just stays away from them for a couple of months during the season. Why cant these guys just stay away from their families for 2 months? Doesn't make sense to me... soldiers, doctors in residency programs, oil rig workers, EVEN COLLEGE STUDENTS (many of these players have already done it at college or on the road during the season!) etc... all are jobs or situations in which you may not see your families for MUCH longer at a time.

Families would be safe from exposure if they just stayed home and the players went off to do their job and then come back afterward with proper testing to ensure they are returning without exposing their family to the virus.

In theory it’s “easy”
I think these players are most likely asking themselves if it’s necessary.
Not to mention Florida’s recent Covid numbers

Return to Wiretap Discussion