Chris Bosh Reportedly Gave Bulls Verbal Agreement In 2010

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 195

Chris Bosh Reportedly Gave Bulls Verbal Agreement In 2010 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Jun 29, 2020 6:09 pm

The Chicago Bulls pursued Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade and LeBron James during the 2010 offseason and at point were sure they would at the very least sign Bosh. 

"To me the story and conversation starts with Chris Bosh," said Nick Friedell on the Brian Windhorst podcast. "Because you talk to people in that Bulls' organization, including former players... Chris Bosh said he was coming to the Bulls, straight up.

"Chris Bosh and the Bulls were supposed to be together, at least in Chicago's mind. And then as that week played out, as I know you get into in the story, they went 'What's happening here?'

"As far as the Bulls were concerned, they felt like they had a commitment, at least some people in the organization did, from Chris Bosh. They felt like Dwyane Wade would follow. That they hoped that would work out, especially as the days continued into that first weekend.

"Then to see everything kind of fall apart in that fashion and see all three of the big guns go to Miami the way they did, frankly, I still don't think the Bulls are all the way over it."

Later in the podcast, Friedell indicates that Bosh gave the Bulls a verbal commitment during his meeting.

"Chris Bosh, according to more than one person in the organization, said 'I'm coming to play for the Bulls.' Straight up. He said, 'I'm coming to play for the Bulls. This is where I'm gonna be.'"

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

Bowly
Sophomore
And1: 38

Re: Chris Bosh Reportedly Gave Bulls Verbal Agreement In 2010 

Post#2 » by Bowly » Mon Jun 29, 2020 7:02 pm

Slooooooooooooowwwwwwwww news day by chance?
Lockdown504090
Bench Warmer
And1: 1,381

Post#3 » by Lockdown504090 » Mon Jun 29, 2020 8:20 pm

omg drose and bosh instead of boozer..... scary s***
PMONSTER
Head Coach
And1: 1,046

Post#4 » by PMONSTER » Mon Jun 29, 2020 9:06 pm

Lockdown504090 wrote:omg drose and bosh instead of boozer..... scary s***

That's all we needed smh
NBA Playoffs.... I can never wait!
The_Hater
RealGM
And1: 28,443

Post#5 » by The_Hater » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:23 am

Since the Bulls were expecting Wade to sign too, and he didn’t, who knows exactly how that promise was made by Bosh.

He could have made the promise because the Bulls told him Wade had already committed to them, or Bosh could have given the Bulls a promise based on Wade’s future commitment which obviously never materialized.

Regardless, you still need pen to paper.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
meekrab
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,026

Post#6 » by meekrab » Tue Jun 30, 2020 3:25 am

This just tells me the Bulls' front office people couldn't read the room and see that LeBron was the decision maker.
fishfuego.
Head Coach
And1: 3,582

Post#7 » by fishfuego. » Wed Jul 1, 2020 6:25 pm

meekrab wrote:This just tells me the Bulls' front office people couldn't read the room and see that LeBron was the decision maker.

Well obviously Wade and Bosh committed and signed with Miami before Lebron committed to any team, so in a sense it was Lebron waiting to see were those two were heading before committing. So it was Wade/Bosh deciding, then Lebron following.
meekrab
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,026

Post#8 » by meekrab » Thu Jul 2, 2020 8:36 pm

fishfuego. wrote:
meekrab wrote:This just tells me the Bulls' front office people couldn't read the room and see that LeBron was the decision maker.

Well obviously Wade and Bosh committed and signed with Miami before Lebron committed to any team, so in a sense it was Lebron waiting to see were those two were heading before committing. So it was Wade/Bosh deciding, then Lebron following.

In the sense that they signed first, yes. In the sense that they signed where LeBron decided to go, no.

Return to Wiretap Discussion