Pelicans Have Three Players Test Positive For COVID-19

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Pelicans Have Three Players Test Positive For COVID-19 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:43 pm

The New Orleans Pelicans have had three players test positive for COVID-19.

Those players are in self isolation and are being tested daily. Those players may only return to the team after two days of negative tests.

David Griffin declined to comment on which players tested positive.

The three positive tests from the Pelicans are part of the 16 announced by the NBA last week.

Via Andrew Lopez/ESPN

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Re: Pelicans Have Three Players Test Positive For COVID-19 

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 30, 2020 6:52 pm

yeah that low 5% number of 16 + results was never going to be reality.
too bad.
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
Rek
Senior
And1: 128

Post#3 » by Rek » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:05 pm

Stillwater wrote:yeah that low 5% number of 16 + results was never going to be reality.
too bad.

You should actually read.
The three positive tests from the Pelicans are part of the 16 announced by the NBA last week.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#4 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:07 pm

Rek wrote:
Stillwater wrote:yeah that low 5% number of 16 + results was never going to be reality.
too bad.

read what? I was referencing the claims that the NBA had 16 total positive cases and now more are being added as we speak.
I dont agree they were part of the 16
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#5 » by 23artest23 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:57 pm

Stillwater wrote:
Rek wrote:
too bad.

read what? I was referencing the claims that the NBA had 16 total positive cases and now more are being added as we speak.

You dont agree? Well fortunately, it isn't up to you to decide whether they were a part of the 16. Beyond that, you have no logical reason to believe they weren't part of the 16. My lands...
popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Post#6 » by popfan » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:03 pm

The NBA is carefully weaving a web through the media -- only players from non-contending teams are reported to have been infected. The list of teams with reported infections is growing. Yet we're led to believe that teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Raptors and Bucks are immune.

The only healthy star that was infected was Nikola Jokic, though the NBA has no control over the Serbian media. In other words, the Nuggets had to report Jokic's infection. KD is definitely a star though he's unhealthy due to injury yet even KD is on a non-contending team. Otherwise Lebron, Giannis, Kawhi, Gasol, Harden -- the usual American fan favorites -- and their starting teammates are immune. It's disappointing to see that the NBA lacks transparency.

Yet disappointment is mostly what the NBA has delivered over the last two months. According to Pop, Donald Trump has no soul. The same could be said of the NBA.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#7 » by Stillwater » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:47 pm

23artest23 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:
Rek wrote:You should actually read.

You dont agree? Well fortunately, it isn't up to you to decide whether they were a part of the 16. Beyond that, you have no logical reason to believe they weren't part of the 16. My lands...

well aside from opening for speculation you seem to dismiss without evidence even if it is true they are part of the 16 , still doesn't equate to a safe start to the completion of the season considering there will be many more testing positive before they decide to report it.
ToJoBuckets
Freshman
And1: 10

Post#8 » by ToJoBuckets » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:30 pm

yeah Adam is starting to make me feel gross and deplorable ... they are trying to snake around and the NBA has been so good on building the reputation with players and community on building together, but this is not together this is bottom line and to put the NBA out there as the test league is already clearly not going to pay off.... i hope this doesnt hurt the image the community has been building
Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Post#9 » by Batsy » Wed Jul 1, 2020 12:12 am

popfan wrote:The NBA is carefully weaving a web through the media -- only players from non-contending teams are reported to have been infected. The list of teams with reported infections is growing. Yet we're led to believe that teams like the Lakers, Clippers, Raptors and Bucks are immune.

The only healthy star that was infected was Nikola Jokic, though the NBA has no control over the Serbian media. In other words, the Nuggets had to report Jokic's infection. KD is definitely a star though he's unhealthy due to injury yet even KD is on a non-contending team. Otherwise Lebron, Giannis, Kawhi, Gasol, Harden -- the usual American fan favorites -- and their starting teammates are immune. It's disappointing to see that the NBA lacks transparency.

Yet disappointment is mostly what the NBA has delivered over the last two months. According to Pop, Donald Trump has no soul. The same could be said of the NBA.

Because they know if it gets out one of the Superstars is got infected the fans a much less likely to backup any plans of a restart and Adam Silver's rep will take a big hit for pushing players to risk their healthfor this half-assed restart. The NFL is probably keeping their infected star players hush for now as well.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#10 » by Elnegron » Wed Jul 1, 2020 3:00 am

It's clear to me who is running the league and is not Adam silver. It's lebron and Nike. Now we have Adam silver making a excuse of how he will stop the league again if it gets wild. Dude it is already wild and if lebron get covid, the league will stop it, if not then no matter how many sick players, they keep on just to see lebron get another ring. It keeps the news of failed lebron vs Jordan debate
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#11 » by Stillwater » Wed Jul 1, 2020 10:26 pm

Elnegron wrote:It's clear to me who is running the league and is not Adam silver. It's lebron and Nike. Now we have Adam silver making a excuse of how he will stop the league again if it gets wild. Dude it is already wild and if lebron get covid, the league will stop it, if not then no matter how many sick players, they keep on just to see lebron get another ring. It keeps the news of failed lebron vs Jordan debate

I assume you are joking, if not you need help because it aint like that at all.
Thats like trying to get everyone to follow you into a burning building when there is nobody in there to save , but there is some suitcases that might have $ in them if they are willing to gamble on it.
I dont care who it is, if a high profile player makes dumb decisions people will not follow suit unless they are clueless.

Return to Wiretap Discussion