Nikola Jokic Retests Negative For COVID-19, Has Yet To Leave Serbia

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Nikola Jokic Retests Negative For COVID-19, Has Yet To Leave Serbia 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Jul 8, 2020 6:45 pm

Nikola Jokic retested negative for COVID-19, but he is not yet on his way to Orlando for the NBA's restart.

"He's not en route as far as I know," new Nuggets general manager Calvin Booth said of Jokic in a Zoom call with reporters on Wednesday morning. "I think he is waiting just to get a proper flight, get out here. I think he's feeling good about his situation and ready to go."

Booth was asked if there is any concern about Jokic being able to participate in the NBA's restart.

"No, I don't think we are concerned at all," Booth said. "I think he's excited about joining the bubble, being with his teammates and I think everybody realizes the opportunity we have. It is just a matter of getting him in the bubble safely and making sure he's healthy."

Jokic is now heathy, according to a source. 

Via Ohm Youngmisuk/ESPN

popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Re: Nikola Jokic Retests Negative For COVID-19, Has Yet To Leave Serbia 

Post#2 » by popfan » Thu Jul 9, 2020 1:55 am

This interview with Booth was surreal. In summary, Booth's message was "yes Jokic recently recovered from the most deadly virus known to man yet we fully expect him to return to the USA immediately and promptly play at the request of Donald Trump." Insisting that an employee to immediately return work after surviving coronavirus to please a dictator is what the USA is today. God bless America!

No let's see if Trump's other directive -- to replace a Serbian with a German as US Olympic coach -- will be dutifully obeyed by the NBA...
Vegeta10176
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Re: Nikola Jokic Retests Negative For COVID-19, Has Yet To Leave Serbia 

Post#3 » by Vegeta10176 » Thu Jul 9, 2020 3:31 am

popfan wrote:This interview with Booth was surreal. In summary, Booth's message was "yes Jokic recently recovered from the most deadly virus known to man yet we fully expect him to return to the USA immediately and promptly play at the request of Donald Trump." Insisting that an employee to immediately return work after surviving coronavirus to please a dictator is what the USA is today. God bless America!

No let's see if Trump's other directive -- to replace a Serbian with a German as US Olympic coach -- will be dutifully obeyed by the NBA...

1. Corona Virus is highly infectious so kills a lot of people but is far from the most deadly virus in the world and the vast majority get just mild symptoms.. 2. Trumps handling of this crisis has been appalling but the NBA is not listening to Trump to reopen they are listening to the sound of money.. 3. At the end of the world war the US welcomed a lot of nazis and Germans into the country a German ran your mission to land on the moon a German made it possible for you to create an atom bomb.. Funny thing about America is half the inventors were just good businessmen who stole other ppls ideas see Thomas Edison.. Anyway I digress.. I seems as if the Joker is fine if he is not then he should not play but if he not sure what would stop him he now would have some level of immunity how long it lasts who knows..

Return to Wiretap Discussion