NBA Won't Discipline Any Players, Staff Who Protest During Anthem

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

NBA Won't Discipline Any Players, Staff Who Protest During Anthem 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:17 pm

Adam Silver confirmed on a conference call with NBA general managers that there will be no discipline for anyone who peacefully protests during the national anthem, sources tell Sam Amick of The Athletic. 

The call lasted an hour and the sensitivities surrounding the situation were discussed. 

They also discussed whether general managers already inside the bubble would be permitted to leave the stands and join their teams on the court as a sign of support. Several GMs interpreted the response that they can join their teams.

“Don’t damage the platform,” said one person.

Rob Pelinka and Jeff Weltman were vocal on the call and expressed a desire to be on the court with their teams.

Via Sam Amick/The Athletic

Dennis 37
RealGM
And1: 17,786

Re: NBA Won't Discipline Any Players, Staff Who Protest During Anthem 

Post#2 » by Dennis 37 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 11:28 pm

It is time to rid ourselves of the playing of anthems at sporting events. unless it is the Olympics.

Pride in one's nation should come from its care for its own citizens and its efforts to promote human rights around the world, not from some farcical aquatic ceremony.

I mean, some nationalistic indoctrination in the form of a song.
Maxpainmedia:
"NYC has the **** most Two Faced fans, but we ALL loved IQ,, and that is super rare, I've been a Knicks fan for 37 years, this kid is a star and he will snap in Toronto"
coolbyme
Junior
And1: 48

Re: NBA Won't Discipline Any Players, Staff Who Protest During Anthem 

Post#3 » by coolbyme » Fri Jul 31, 2020 5:51 pm

I completely agree, except for the aquatic part...

Return to Wiretap Discussion