Ben Simmons Out Indefinitely With Subluxation Of Left Knee Cap

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Ben Simmons Out Indefinitely With Subluxation Of Left Knee Cap 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:01 pm

Ben Simmons is out indefinitely with a subluxation of his left knee cap.

Treatment options are being considered, according to the Philadelphia 76ers.

Simmons was recovering from a bad back when the NBA's season was suspended.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

ecuhus1981
RealGM
And1: 1,427

Re: Ben Simmons Out Indefinitely With Subluxation Of Left Knee Cap 

Post#2 » by ecuhus1981 » Thu Aug 6, 2020 5:46 pm

Shoot, that sucks. Philly has been snakebit in terms of luck, but it seemed they were ready to make a dark horse run. Losing Ben cancels that, but they'll still be a tough out.
Some people really have a way with words. Other people... not... have... way.
-- Steve Martin
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#3 » by Elnegron » Fri Aug 7, 2020 12:27 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Shoot, that sucks. Philly has been snakebit in terms of luck, but it seemed they were ready to make a dark horse run. Losing Ben cancels that, but they'll still be a tough out.

Lmao at u thinking they were a dark horse. 76ers are the 3rd worst team in the eastern conference
Nites
Junior
And1: 376

Post#4 » by Nites » Fri Aug 7, 2020 12:58 am

He's always injured. He has the durability a mannequin.
dautjazz
RealGM
And1: 9,560

Post#5 » by dautjazz » Fri Aug 7, 2020 3:07 am

ecuhus1981 wrote:Shoot, that sucks. Philly has been snakebit in terms of luck, but it seemed they were ready to make a dark horse run. Losing Ben cancels that, but they'll still be a tough out.

They were the 6th seed, given that their path out would likely be Boston, Toronto, and Milwaukee, I don't see how they had any chance, atleast they didn't really show much this season to be picked favorites in any of those matchups. Embiid and Simmons would probably be doable as a duo, but too many other stupid decisions along the way. Trading up for Fultz was bad from the start, Horford signing never made sense, and Tobias Harris was overpaid (had they drafted Tatum instead, they wouldn't have traded for Tobias). This is what they could of had in 2019...

Embiid
Simmons
Tatum
Butler
Reddick
NickAnderson wrote:
How old are you, just curious.

by gomeziee on 21 Jul 2013 00:53

im 20, and i did grow up watching MJ play in the 90's.
BTshred
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#6 » by BTshred » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:28 pm

I mean Celtics were better than the 76ers all season.
BTshred
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#7 » by BTshred » Fri Aug 7, 2020 2:28 pm

Elnegron wrote:

Lmao at u thinking they were a dark horse. 76ers are the 3rd worst team in the eastern conference

They are still better than Indiana
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#8 » by anatomicbomb » Sat Aug 8, 2020 12:33 am

dautjazz wrote:

They were the 6th seed, given that their path out would likely be Boston, Toronto, and Milwaukee, I don't see how they had any chance, atleast they didn't really show much this season to be picked favorites in any of those matchups. Embiid and Simmons would probably be doable as a duo, but too many other stupid decisions along the way. Trading up for Fultz was bad from the start, Horford signing never made sense, and Tobias Harris was overpaid (had they drafted Tatum instead, they wouldn't have traded for Tobias). This is what they could of had in 2019...

Embiid
Simmons
Tatum
Butler
Reddick

Ewww look at all the spacing and variety! Gross.

The Sixers are determined to be that guy in 2K who makes 5 identical customer characters for his starting lineup. "Get me 5 Lamar Odoms and tell them to improvise."

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
dautjazz
RealGM

Post#9 » by dautjazz » Sat Aug 8, 2020 1:44 am

anatomicbomb wrote:
dautjazz wrote:

Embiid
Simmons
Tatum
Butler
Reddick

The Sixers are determined to be that guy in 2K who makes 5 identical customer characters for his starting lineup. "Get me 5 Lamar Odoms and tell them to improvise."

You could even have Simmons sharing the ball handling responsibilities with Reddick, but you have one of the best shooters in the league and Jimmy Butler in your back court, you're not diminishing a valuable guard spot with a 6'10" player who can't shoot, so you ruin spacing and underutilize Simmons who would probably work best off the ball in the paint, but with so many bigs in the paint your offense becomes predictable and the paint gets cluttered.
NickAnderson wrote:

anatomicbomb
Sixth Man

Post#10 » by anatomicbomb » Sat Aug 8, 2020 2:05 pm

dautjazz wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:
dautjazz wrote:

Embiid
Simmons
Tatum
Butler
Reddick

You could even have Simmons sharing the ball handling responsibilities with Reddick, but you have one of the best shooters in the league and Jimmy Butler in your back court, you're not diminishing a valuable guard spot with a 6'10" player who can't shoot, so you ruin spacing and underutilize Simmons who would probably work best off the ball in the paint, but with so many bigs in the paint your offense becomes predictable and the paint gets cluttered.

Isn't it beautiful? I picture a video game glitch, with all 5 players overlapped, trying to do the same thing at the same time in the same spot.

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
dautjazz
RealGM

Post#11 » by dautjazz » Sat Aug 8, 2020 3:07 pm

anatomicbomb wrote:
dautjazz wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:

Isn't it beautiful? I picture a video game glitch, with all 5 players overlapped, trying to do the same thing at the same time in the same spot.

LOL I look at it like karma for all those years of tanking.
NickAnderson wrote:

anatomicbomb
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by anatomicbomb » Sat Aug 8, 2020 10:50 pm

dautjazz wrote:
anatomicbomb wrote:
dautjazz wrote:

LOL I look at it like karma for all those years of tanking.

Trust the (karmic) process! :wink:

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.

Return to Wiretap Discussion