Nate McMillan, Pacers Agree To Contract Extension

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nate McMillan, Pacers Agree To Contract Extension 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:02 pm

Nate McMillan has agreed to a contract extension with the Indiana Pacers.

McMillan had one season remaining on his contract.

McMillan will have reached the playoffs in each of his four seasons as Pacers coach.

ESPN's Zach Lowe and Jeff Van Gundy speculated about the future of McMillan as head coach of the Pacers last week. Lowe said the Pacers possibly moving on from McMillan this offseason has been "the hottest rumor all season."

Via Adrian Wojnarowski/ESPN

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,084

Re: Nate McMillan, Pacers Agree To Contract Extension 

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 12:07 pm

shout out pacers for doing this without a struggle.
boomershadow
Forum Mod - Pacers
Forum Mod - Pacers
And1: 6,305

Post#3 » by boomershadow » Wed Aug 12, 2020 5:15 pm

First round sweep here we come

Sent from my SM-G950U using RealGM mobile app
popfan
Junior
And1: 224

Post#4 » by popfan » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:12 pm

Congrats to the Pacers for not showing McMillan the noose.
Boneman2
General Manager
And1: 1,532

Post#5 » by Boneman2 » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:45 pm

Well deserved imo
"A man who fears suffering is already suffering from what he fears." -Michel de Montaigne
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Post#6 » by Cassius » Wed Aug 12, 2020 6:52 pm

I'm not sure if this franchise is snake-bitten with the injury bug, or if they're still in the midst of paying for Kawhi-for-George Hill. I mean, the Hawks just drafted Trae Young two years ago after passing on Chris Paul. I'm not sure what Nate or even Frank Vogel could have done any differently, given that they've lost Paul George one year, then Vic for two, even Brogdon's been banged up this year. Nate and his staff deserve this extension for what they've done with Domas, Bogdanovic and Warren in consecutive seasons.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
imDatknicksTape
Pro Prospect
And1: 361

Post#7 » by imDatknicksTape » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:50 pm

probably the most Under-rated coach ever! dude never gets brought up by media ever. He even got snubbed for COTY nomination AGAIN.. Happens every damn yr. smh
kamaze
General Manager
And1: 1,315

Post#8 » by kamaze » Thu Aug 13, 2020 1:05 am

:clap: Well deserved.
I got the burner-Kevin Durant

Cream rises to the top-Nic Claxton
jk31
Rookie
And1: 668

Post#9 » by jk31 » Thu Aug 13, 2020 12:19 pm

Cassius wrote:I'm not sure if this franchise is snake-bitten with the injury bug, or if they're still in the midst of paying for Kawhi-for-George Hill.

Well it's not that the Pacers would've likely drafted Kawhi Leonard if they hadn't the George Hill trade already planned...
Cassius
RealGM

Post#10 » by Cassius » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:53 pm

jk31 wrote:
Cassius wrote:I'm not sure if this franchise is snake-bitten with the injury bug, or if they're still in the midst of paying for Kawhi-for-George Hill.

Well it's not that the Pacers would've likely drafted Kawhi Leonard if they hadn't the George Hill trade already planned...

Yeah, of course. They're just the last team to effectively pass on him, is all. Like, the Blazers also passed on Chris Paul, but they drafted Dame a few years later to fix the mistake. The Pacers have never really filled that hole of complementary two-way wing.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
jk31
Rookie
And1: 668

Post#11 » by jk31 » Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:07 am

Cassius wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Yeah, of course. They're just the last team to effectively pass on him, is all. Like, the Blazers also passed on Chris Paul, but they drafted Dame a few years later to fix the mistake. The Pacers have never really filled that hole of complementary two-way wing.

Paul George? They already had him. I mean he played there for 6 years after the Pacers drafted and traded Kawhi. And they still had Danny Granger back then.
Cassius
RealGM

Post#12 » by Cassius » Mon Aug 17, 2020 4:38 pm

jk31 wrote:
Cassius wrote:
jk31 wrote:

Paul George? They already had him. I mean he played there for 6 years after the Pacers drafted and traded Kawhi. And they still had Danny Granger back then.

Granger played 62 games Kawhi's rookie year and was done after that season. I'm not saying it was a stupid decision to trade Kawhi, it's no different than Oden over Durant. The Pacers just have to wear the fact that they could have had a Jordan/Pippen combo and for whatever reason, it didn't happen and it's set the franchise back.

Return to Wiretap Discussion