Giannis Antetokounmpo Says He Won't Request Trade From Bucks

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Giannis Antetokounmpo Says He Won't Request Trade From Bucks 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Sep 9, 2020 3:36 am

Giannis Antetokounmpo has gone on the record to state he will not request a trade from the Milwaukee Bucks this offseason.

“It’s not happening. That’s not happening,” Antetokounmpo told Chris Haynes of Yahoo! Sports.

“Some see a wall and go in [another direction]. I plow through it. We just have to get better as a team, individually and get right back at it next season.”

Antetokounmpo is eligible for a super-max extension this offseason that is expected to be worth around $254 million over five years.

“If winning a championship was easy, everyone would have one,” Antetokounmpo said. “We lost. Everyone saw that we lost. It’s disappointing, but what are we going to do? We’re going to keep working. I’ve got confidence in my teammates.”

Via Chris Haynes/Yahoo! Sports

Batsy
Sophomore
And1: 30

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo Says He Won't Request Trade From Bucks 

Post#2 » by Batsy » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:18 am

The Bucks should be shopping him around for the best paclage they could get for him. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO SPORTS MEDIA OUTLET IS RIPPING THIS GUY AND HIS TEAM FOR BEING A COMPLETE FAILURES! They'll blame the coach, ok that's fair too, but how many time have other players come out and say "build a wall, don't let him get to the rim" and IT HAS WORKED TWO YEARS IN A ROW IN THE PLAYOFFS! The media can protect him all they want, the Giannis has failed and it's going to get better next year, might as well trade him to the Warriors for as much as you can get because he's going there regardless of whatever he says.
circa70
Sophomore
And1: 34

Post#3 » by circa70 » Wed Sep 9, 2020 4:56 am

Ahaha! Warriors fans are “Hella” butthurt right now. Did you really think the bucks would accept Wiggins & toscano Anderson for Giannis??? :crazy: no one is taking that trash
Almond2Oak
Junior
And1: 317

Post#4 » by Almond2Oak » Wed Sep 9, 2020 5:08 am

Batsy wrote:The Bucks should be shopping him around for the best paclage they could get for him. NO ONE AND I MEAN NO SPORTS MEDIA OUTLET IS RIPPING THIS GUY AND HIS TEAM FOR BEING A COMPLETE FAILURES! They'll blame the coach, ok that's fair too, but how many time have other players come out and say "build a wall, don't let him get to the rim" and IT HAS WORKED TWO YEARS IN A ROW IN THE PLAYOFFS! The media can protect him all they want, the Giannis has failed and it's going to get better next year, might as well trade him to the Warriors for as much as you can get because he's going there regardless of whatever he says.

GS can’t afford him when cap shrinks. They got to many max and Bucks so aint takin no busted ass #2 + Wiggins for him, even if they add that BS 21’ pick from T-Wolves. Scrub offer. Who Bucks should be shopping him for is Miami.. I want Herro, Nunn, KZ, plus #20 in 20’, plus 21’ 1R, swap for 22’, 1R in 23’, 2R in 20’, 2R in 22’, plus w/e scrub salaries match. Riley will jump at it bc he’s in win mode and sell it all to put GA with Bam, Butler to get that chip. GS is washed up. Got 2 years then I y’all gets torn down.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 120

Post#5 » by jozef » Wed Sep 9, 2020 11:03 am

He needs to grow as a player. Skill-wise he has a lot of way to go. Don't slip into that one-to-one or high-picknroll-only boring mess.

Coach needs to find more creative way to involve his teammates and Giannis needs to find a place into it. Same as Phil Jackson did with Michael Jordan.
Donnyxc
Starter
And1: 247

Post#6 » by Donnyxc » Wed Sep 9, 2020 6:49 pm

“Some see a wall and go in [another direction]. I plow through it. We just have to get better as a team, individually and get right back at it next season.”

I kinda love this.
The anti-Lebron.

Bucks fans should be happy at least.
"If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save a game I'd choose Michael Jordan; If I had to choose a player to take a shot to save my life...I'd take Larry Bird." - Pat Riley
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,431

Post#7 » by Morse Code » Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:14 am

The star the NBA deserves. Dude is a class act and has qualities that are super rare in today’s NBA, let alone world. He has the mamba mentality and as a raps fan I want him to join us, but if he stayed in Milwaukee it would be great for the league.
Batsy
Sophomore

Post#8 » by Batsy » Thu Sep 10, 2020 10:50 am

Morse Code wrote:The star the NBA deserves. Dude is a class act and has qualities that are super rare in today’s NBA, let alone world. He has the mamba mentality and as a raps fan I want him to join us, but if he stayed in Milwaukee it would be great for the league.

He's a failure, stop with all this bs praise on a guy that is a one trick pony. He's an b2b MVP that can't get it done by himself, the Bucks are desperate for him and will blow up this team. The best thing is to trade him now!
Morse Code
Head Coach
And1: 8,431

Post#9 » by Morse Code » Sat Sep 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Batsy wrote:
Morse Code wrote:The star the NBA deserves. Dude is a class act and has qualities that are super rare in today’s NBA, let alone world. He has the mamba mentality and as a raps fan I want him to join us, but if he stayed in Milwaukee it would be great for the league.

He's a failure, stop with all this bs praise on a guy that is a one trick pony. He's an b2b MVP that can't get it done by himself, the Bucks are desperate for him and will blow up this team. The best thing is to trade him now!

Lol. Nobody can get it done by themselves. It’s a team sport. Bucks haven’t found the right collection of players and coaches to properly exploit what Giannis does for their benefit, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible.
Batsy
Sophomore

Post#10 » by Batsy » Sun Sep 13, 2020 11:25 am

Morse Code wrote:
Batsy wrote:

Lol. Nobody can get it done by themselves. It’s a team sport. Bucks haven’t found the right collection of players and coaches to properly exploit what Giannis does for their benefit, but that doesn’t mean it’s not possible.

The last 2 years all of those "experts" have said the Buck have assembled the perfect team around Giannis, a bunch of shooters stand around watching him dribble and drive.

Return to Wiretap Discussion