Malik Beasley Arrested For Marijuana Possession, Receiving & Concealing Stolen Property

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Malik Beasley Arrested For Marijuana Possession, Receiving & Concealing Stolen Property 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Sep 27, 2020 4:26 pm

Malik Beasley was arrested in Minnesota for marijuana possession and receiving and concealing stolen property, reported Shams Charania and Jon Krawczynski of The Athletic.

The 23-year-old, who was arrested on Saturday night, is being held without bail until he sees a judge.

“We are aware of the situation involving Malik Beasley and are in the process of gathering information at this time,” the Timberwolves released in a statement.

Police have reportedly received multiple trespassing complaints to Beasley's home in the past, according to sources.

Beasley will be a restricted free agent after the end of this season. 

Beasley averaged 20.7 points and 5.1 rebounds in 14 games since getting traded to Minnesota. 

Via Shams Charania & Jon Krawczynski/The Athletic

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Re: Malik Beasley Arrested For Marijuana Possession, Receiving & Concealing Stolen Property 

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Sun Sep 27, 2020 6:14 pm

Free agent too. Brilliant.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 71

Re: Malik Beasley Arrested For Marijuana Possession, Receiving & Concealing Stolen Property 

Post#4 » by niha17 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:24 am

my guess is twolves dont pick up the option and he dont get much interest as a free agent and ends up with lebron
The Laker Kid
General Manager
And1: 6,513

Post#5 » by The Laker Kid » Mon Sep 28, 2020 12:50 am

He gets picked up by Lebron, and finds immediate friendship with KCP, whom he finds something in common
MaxwellSmart wrote:I hate to say this, but Go Lakers....
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#6 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 2:30 am

Damn! What's wrong wit a little reefer?
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,959

Post#7 » by basketballwacko2 » Mon Sep 28, 2020 6:45 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:Damn! What's wrong wit a little reefer?

Did you see the part about the stolen gun?

But I'm confused about one thing, who arrested him? I thought the Minneapolis City Utopia council had defunded and disbanded the police? Was it the "rapid response social workers" who arrested Beasley and his posse?
KGdaBom
RealGM
And1: 4,944

Post#8 » by KGdaBom » Mon Sep 28, 2020 7:14 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:

But I'm confused about one thing, who arrested him? I thought the Minneapolis City Utopia council had defunded and disbanded the police? Was it the "rapid response social workers" who arrested Beasley and his posse?

I don't believe the Minneapolis Police were defunded or disbanded, but that doesn't matter. He lives in the suburb of Plymouth Minnesota.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#9 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:00 am

KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I don't believe the Minneapolis Police were defunded or disbanded, but that doesn't matter. He lives in the suburb of Plymouth Minnesota.

Well they voted to do it. Now they wonder why crime is blowing up. Anyhow do you think if you or I had a stolen gun that we'd be getting out of jail free, no charges?
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#10 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 6:46 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Well they voted to do it. Now they wonder why crime is blowing up. Anyhow do you think if you or I had a stolen gun that we'd be getting out of jail free, no charges?

We don't know if Beasley will eventually be charged or not. If i had a stolen gun in my possession I'm pretty sure I'd get off no charges. I'm just not the type to be dealing in stolen merchandise.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#11 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 7:08 am

KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:I don't believe the Minneapolis Police were defunded or disbanded, but that doesn't matter. He lives in the suburb of Plymouth Minnesota.

We don't know if Beasley will eventually be charged or not. If i had a stolen gun in my possession I'm pretty sure I'd get off no charges. I'm just not the type to be dealing in stolen merchandise.

I've known people who went to prison for possession of stolen property and nothing as important as a stolen hand gun.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#12 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 9:31 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

I've known people who went to prison for possession of stolen property and nothing as important as a stolen hand gun.

Did they have a record or any indication they would be involved in stolen goods? I don't and I never would.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#13 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:40 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:We don't know if Beasley will eventually be charged or not. If i had a stolen gun in my possession I'm pretty sure I'd get off no charges. I'm just not the type to be dealing in stolen merchandise.

Did they have a record or any indication they would be involved in stolen goods? I don't and I never would.

Doesn't matter the existence of a prior record is an aggravating circumstance that could result in a longer sentence. One guy we defended had bought a load of meat from a guy who stole it and was trying to resell it. The Police arrested him he told them where he got the meat and he got 2 years for Possession of stolen merchandise. The charges were not dropped the prosecutor threatened to try him with stealing it, the guy he told them who sold it to him denied any involvement. He decided to plead guilty to the possession charge.

Beasley could have been charged not only with possession of the stolen gun but with stealing it too. Like I said a pistol is a lot more important than a couple hundred lbs of beef.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#14 » by KGdaBom » Tue Sep 29, 2020 10:57 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Doesn't matter the existence of a prior record is an aggravating circumstance that could result in a longer sentence. One guy we defended had bought a load of meat from a guy who stole it and was trying to resell it. The Police arrested him he told them where he got the meat and he got 2 years for Possession of stolen merchandise. The charges were not dropped the prosecutor threatened to try him with stealing it, the guy he told them who sold it to him denied any involvement. He decided to plead guilty to the possession charge.

Beasley could have been charged not only with possession of the stolen gun but with stealing it too. Like I said a pistol is a lot more important than a couple hundred lbs of beef.

Did the guy with the meat know it was stolen?
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#15 » by basketballwacko2 » Tue Sep 29, 2020 11:11 pm

KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Did they have a record or any indication they would be involved in stolen goods? I don't and I never would.

He claimed he did not, but the price he paid for it should have tipped him off. He wasn't real smart. I was a intern at the law firm and not his primary council. I broke my leg the next year and couldn't walk so I didn't finish law school. But I'm considering going back, I'd make a lot more money than I do now.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#16 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 1:20 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

He claimed he did not, but the price he paid for it should have tipped him off. He wasn't real smart. I was a intern at the law firm and not his primary council. I broke my leg the next year and couldn't walk so I didn't finish law school. But I'm considering going back, I'd make a lot more money than I do now.

If I somehow was in possession of a stolen gun you could know I was innocent, because I wouldn't accept one if offered to me for free.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#17 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:08 am

KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:Did the guy with the meat know it was stolen?

If I somehow was in possession of a stolen gun you could know I was innocent, because I wouldn't accept one if offered to me for free.

Maybe not but the report also said that someone brandished a gun at someone in a car. If you buy a gun from an individual the first thing you should do is call the police and check the serial # to see if it's been reported stolen.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#18 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:24 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

Maybe not but the report also said that someone brandished a gun at someone in a car. If you buy a gun from an individual the first thing you should do is call the police and check the serial # to see if it's been reported stolen.

Yep. If the report is fully accurate it looks bad for Beasley. As for the stolen gun it's very possible a guest ditched it when the police came. I'm sure they'll check it for fingerprints. If somebody else's prints are on it and Beasley's aren't I think that would be pretty good evidence of his innocence. That could even be the reason he wasn't charged.
basketballwacko2
RealGM

Post#19 » by basketballwacko2 » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:34 am

KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:If I somehow was in possession of a stolen gun you could know I was innocent, because I wouldn't accept one if offered to me for free.

Yep. If the report is fully accurate it looks bad for Beasley. As for the stolen gun it's very possible a guest ditched it when the police came. I'm sure they'll check it for fingerprints. If somebody else's prints are on it and Beasley's aren't I think that would be pretty good evidence of his innocence. That could even be the reason he wasn't charged.

The way I understood the story, a car left the house and the cops stopped it they were watching the house after the complaint of a man with a gun. So if the gun was in the car unless someone claims it then it's everyone's gun, if there's 4 in the car they all get charged with the gun on the floor. If it's in the console or glove compartment then it's the owner of the car or the driver at least.
KGdaBom
RealGM

Post#20 » by KGdaBom » Wed Sep 30, 2020 3:07 pm

basketballwacko2 wrote:
KGdaBom wrote:
basketballwacko2 wrote:

The way I understood the story, a car left the house and the cops stopped it they were watching the house after the complaint of a man with a gun. So if the gun was in the car unless someone claims it then it's everyone's gun, if there's 4 in the car they all get charged with the gun on the floor. If it's in the console or glove compartment then it's the owner of the car or the driver at least.

I'm pretty sure you got this wrong. The car stopped in front of Malik's house. A man with a gun went to the car and pointed the gun at the occupants and told them to move along. The people in the car filed a complaint. Police came and searched Malik's house finding the stolen gun.

Return to Wiretap Discussion