Michele Roberts: My Marching Orders Are To Avoid Return To Bubble

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Michele Roberts: My Marching Orders Are To Avoid Return To Bubble 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 1, 2020 1:43 am

Michele Roberts has spent the entire restart within the bubble and has been directed by her constituents in the NBPA to avoid playing the 20-21 season in that type of environment. 

"Do I want to do it again? Not if I can avoid it," said Roberts. "Those are my marching orders: not if we can avoid it. Now, having said that, the players want to make sure we can save our season again."

The NBA hopes to play most, if not all, of the 20-21 season in arenas and before some number of fans.

A return to a bubble is widely considered a worst-case scenario. 

Via ESPN

Knick4Real
General Manager
And1: 7,617

Re: Michele Roberts: My Marching Orders Are To Avoid Return To Bubble 

Post#2 » by Knick4Real » Thu Oct 1, 2020 4:36 am

Well, good luck with that, Michelle!

With Broadway, The Met, concerts, festivals, etc. closed for the foreseeable future, I'm not sure how the NBPA expects to gather 10,000+ screaming fans inside a crowded arena until there's a WORKING Covid vaccine.
DoctorDunc
Junior
And1: 45

Post#3 » by DoctorDunc » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:08 am

That’s assuming anyone still wants to pay to watch the league that has forgotten its consumer.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#4 » by puja21 » Thu Oct 1, 2020 5:00 pm

Knick4Real wrote:Well, good luck with that, Michelle!

With Broadway, The Met, concerts, festivals, etc. closed for the foreseeable future, I'm not sure how the NBPA expects to gather 10,000+ screaming fans inside a crowded arena until there's a WORKING Covid vaccine.

the Roberts quote didn't say a word about fans -- that was an editorial added by RealGM's aggregator.

In fact, the source RealGM linked to isn't even correct. It doesn't contain the quote from Roberts, but is rather an interview with Silver about coaching diversity that mentions hoping to have fans next season:
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/30011991/adam-silver-reiterates-league-goal-play-home-arenas-fans

Roberts simply said she doesn't want next year back in the bubble, but nothing about if fans are attending or not. Plenty of pro sports teams are hosting games without fans at their home stadium. No fans doesn't mean an Orlando bubble necessarily.
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#5 » by Barcs » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:00 pm

What kind of stupid **** is this??? Marching orders FROM WHOM??? Isn't preventing the spread of COVID-19 the #1 priority??? Why would she put superficial emotional BS over reality?
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:
Barcs
Veteran
And1: 712

Post#6 » by Barcs » Thu Oct 1, 2020 6:01 pm

DoctorDunc wrote:That’s assuming anyone still wants to pay to watch the league that has forgotten its consumer.

LOL WUT?
SELL THE TEAM, JIM!!! :curse:

Return to Wiretap Discussion