Re: Adam Silver: NBA Unlikely To Stop For Olympics 'If We Start Late'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Adam Silver: NBA Unlikely To Stop For Olympics 'If We Start Late' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Oct 3, 2020 5:29 pm

Adam Silver said that it would be unlikely that the NBA season would stop for the 2021 Olympics should the league have to delay the start of next season.

"We'll consider it. I think it's unlikely, at the end of the day, that, if we start late, we would stop for the Olympics. Because, as you know, it's not just a function of stopping for the period in which they are competing over in Tokyo. But they require training camp, and then they require rest afterwards," said Silver.

The next NBA season is reportedly unlikely to start before January, at the earliest.

The Olympics are scheduled for July 23rd through August 8th.

"There are so many incredible players, beginning with the USA team, we'll be able to field a very competitive team. I am a bit worried about some of the international teams, because, as you know, some of their stars play in our league, and their absence would make a huge difference for those national teams," added Silver. 

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,037

Re: Adam Silver: NBA Unlikely To Stop For Olympics 'If We Start Late' 

Post#2 » by Revived » Sun Oct 4, 2020 9:00 pm

The best healthy American players from the the NBA teams that don’t make playoffs next season should be the ones to represent Team USA. This way playoff teams won’t be effected and Team USA should still be among the favorites for gold.

I’m guessing regular season will be wrapped up by June at the latest if they start reg season in January. I assume we won’t have a full 82 game schedule for next season either.

Return to Wiretap Discussion