NBA Free Agency To Begin No Later Than Early December

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 227

NBA Free Agency To Begin No Later Than Early December 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Oct 6, 2020 5:08 pm

The NBPA expects free agency to begin on or around December 1st with the draft currently scheduled for November 18th.

“We can’t go much beyond (Dec. 1) for (free agency)," Michele Roberts told Shams Charania of The Athletic. "We had a projected BRI, which I think teams appropriately planned for. I don’t think we can deviate much from where we projected the cap to be ($115 million, latest projection). It may not reflect what people think is the likely BRI, but since I’m of the view this game is not dead and it will rebound, we can do some things with the cap to allow for a free market and not completely destroy what the teams were expecting the cap to be as they were planning ahead. Frankly, I think that’s going to be one of the easier negotiations, figuring out a cap.”

This is widely expected to be a subdued free agency considering the financial restrains many teams will be under and the strength of the 2021 class by comparison. Anthony Davis is the most prominent free agent in the class but he is widely expected to re-sign with the Los Angeles Lakers.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Nites
Junior
And1: 339

Re: NBA Free Agency To Begin No Later Than Early December 

Post#2 » by Nites » Wed Oct 7, 2020 12:29 am

Uh.... why December? Just do late October, or early November.
Papi_swav
Head Coach
And1: 2,851

Re: NBA Free Agency To Begin No Later Than Early December 

Post#3 » by Papi_swav » Wed Oct 7, 2020 4:27 am

Nites wrote:Uh.... why December? Just do late October, or early November.

Yea I don't get why both the draft and FA is so late. The NBA finals usually finish in early June around June 8th or so and the draft is usually around June 24th or so. Don't see why they couldn't put this draft in the 1st week of November and FA in the 2nd week of November. But whatevv :crazy:

Return to Wiretap Discussion