Re: P.J. Tucker Still Seeking Extension With Rockets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

P.J. Tucker Still Seeking Extension With Rockets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Oct 9, 2020 12:46 am

P.J. Tucker still hopes to sign a contract extension with the Houston Rockets, sources tell Kelly Iko of The Athletic

Tucker sought an extension last offseason.

Both the Rockets and Tucker would like the partnership to extend beyond the 20-21 season when he enters the final season of his contract worth $7.97 million.

Via Kelly Iko/The Athletic

IWishIWasHarden
Sixth Man
And1: 159

Post#2 » by IWishIWasHarden » Fri Oct 9, 2020 7:12 am

I'll never forget a game I watched last year where PJ Tucker's daughter did something for the organization. She did some work.

And after the game PJ mentioned this in the post-game interview on the court, and at the end he said that Tilman owes her a check. And then when PJ was walking to the locker room, he had to walk past Tilman, and the TV camera caught Tilman's face. Tilman said something and then after his words the camera caught his face still.

It's hard for me to describe what I saw without the comment being deleted. But there was clearly something there between the two of them with regards to money.

I rewound the footage many times because it was fascinating.

And then later on that night on League Pass they cut it off. You couldn't see it anymore. Deliberately cut the footage.
Rashidi
Rookie
And1: 145

Post#3 » by Rashidi » Fri Oct 9, 2020 8:06 am

Sticking to the basketball end, Tucker will make 8M at age 35. Are we talking a 1-year extension at that rate?

Is the next coach going to utilize him the way Mike D'Antoni did?
Is there another team that would pick him up for a comparable rate in 2022?

Return to Wiretap Discussion