LeBron James On Danny Green Miss: 'You Live With That'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

LeBron James On Danny Green Miss: 'You Live With That' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Oct 10, 2020 4:35 pm

LeBron James said he had no regrets in passing to Danny Green with under 10 seconds left in the Los Angeles Lakers' 111-108 game 5 loss to the Miami Heat.

Green, who missed the potential game-winning three with 7.1 seconds left, had no defender within 8 feet of him according to Second Spectrum data.

"I mean, if you just look at the play, I was able to draw two defenders below the free throw line and find one of our shooters at the top of the key for a wide-open 3 to win a championship. I trusted him, we trusted him, and it just didn't go.

"You live with that. You live with that. It's one of the best shots that we could have got. ... Danny had a hell of a look. It just didn't go down. I know he wishes he can have it again," said James after the game.

James finished the game with 40 points, 13 rebounds, and 7 assists.

Frank Vogel, who said James "made the right play" on the pass, focused on two foul calls on Jimmy Butler that went against the Lakers late in the game.

"I felt two bad calls at the end put Butler to the line, you know, and that's unfortunate in a game of this magnitude. Anthony Davis has a perfect verticality, should be a play-on. And the time before that, Markieff Morris has his hands on the ball -- that should be a play-on. They were given four free throws and made it an uphill battle for us. Very disappointed in that aspect of the game."

Via Dave McMenamin/ESPN

tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Re: LeBron James On Danny Green Miss: 'You Live With That' 

Post#2 » by tigerae » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Green could have had another chance but Morris threw the ball out of bounds instead of giving it to Green or KCP who were open next to him.
SoulJah
Rookie
And1: 509

Post#3 » by SoulJah » Sat Oct 10, 2020 6:44 pm

Lakers coach bitching about bad calls considering what refs are doing for them the entire playoffs. Well Well, the irony :roll:
My2CentsR
Senior
And1: 303

Post#4 » by My2CentsR » Sat Oct 10, 2020 7:15 pm

Passing it out to a second rank 3 point shooter might be fine if he had been hot from behind the arc all night, but Green was 3-8 (technically 3-7 at that point). It would have been an okay third option.

And any time a coach of a flopping team like LA complains about refs, someone needs to cut the mic. Makes me want to play a best hits video of Lakers flopping.
jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Post#5 » by jozef » Sat Oct 10, 2020 9:01 pm

It is a 3pt shot so .500 is reasonable estimation for open position. If you are down by 1 it is better to get inside shot or foul.

Return to Wiretap Discussion