LaMelo Ball Signs Shoe Deal With Puma

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

LaMelo Ball Signs Shoe Deal With Puma 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:35 pm

LaMelo Ball has signed a multiyear shoe deal with Puma.

"I am really excited to be joining the Puma family," Ball said. "I believe the brand is the perfect partner for me because Puma will allow me to just be myself. I want to be 100 percent authentic, whether that's playing basketball or showing off my personal style, and that's what I want to do with Puma."

Ball was previously signed to Big Baller Brand, which appears to be shuttering its footwear business.

"LaMelo's physical gifts and dynamic play on the court, as well as his unique sense of personal style, make him a natural fit for Puma," said Adam Petrick, the company's global director of brand and marketing. "We are thrilled to add him to our roster of talented athletes and at just 19 years old, we can't wait to see his impact on the broader culture surrounding basketball."

Via Nick DePaula/ESPN

J_T
Veteran
And1: 1,843

Re: LaMelo Ball Signs Shoe Deal With Puma 

Post#2 » by J_T » Wed Oct 14, 2020 8:35 pm

That's what it's all about these days: impact on the broader culture. Screw winning, screw actually playing good basketball.
KevinMcreynolds
RealGM
And1: 3,337

Post#3 » by KevinMcreynolds » Wed Oct 14, 2020 10:03 pm

You better change what comes out your speaker
You're better off talkin' 'bout your wack Puma sneaker
floppymoose wrote:Too much Vlad. Sixers can't handle it. Solid gold.

"I'm a big proponent of footwork. Believe me." ~Jim Barnett
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,948

Post#4 » by BigGargamel » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:26 am

J_T wrote:That's what it's all about these days: impact on the broader culture. Screw winning, screw actually playing good basketball.

Uhh you do know that came out of the mouth of a Puma employee and what marketing is, right?
scrabbarista
RealGM
And1: 13,703

Post#5 » by scrabbarista » Thu Oct 15, 2020 11:52 am

This feels like a bad sign. I'm generally a fan of LaMelo, though, and I hope everything works out perfectly for him. I always root for guys who pave their own road.
The man who sleeps on the bed can never fall out of the floor... Winnie the Pooh

Return to Wiretap Discussion