Rajon Rondo Will Opt Out Of Contract With Lakers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rajon Rondo Will Opt Out Of Contract With Lakers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 15, 2020 12:04 pm

Rajon Rondo will opt out of his contract with the Los Angeles Lakers for the 20-21 season, according to a report from Chris Sheridan of BasketballNews.com.

“He’s definitely opting out,” a league source said.

Rondo has a player option worth $2.96 million.

Rondo could still re-sign with the Lakers, but didn't shut down the possibility of leaving during an interview with ESPN.

“I’m definitely going to entertain it,” Rondo said of free agency. “Obviously, always thinking about running it back with a great group of guys and coaching staff. I can’t thank those guys enough for giving me a shot the last couple of years. It’s been amazing playing for this organization. 

“My agent and I will sit down and talk, but right now, I’m just kind of enjoying the moment, continuing to ride this high out. I don’t want to think about free agency right now; I’ve got a couple of months to do that as well. Right now, I’m going to enjoy the time with my family, friends, take a lot of great vacations and keep enjoying life.”

Via Chris Sheridan/BasketballNews.com

Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Re: Rajon Rondo Will Opt Out Of Contract With Lakers 

Post#2 » by Airmax3D » Thu Oct 15, 2020 4:07 pm

Glad to see Covid-19 is not impacting his plans to go on many vacations and have fun with his family and friends.

Return to Wiretap Discussion