Rockets Firmly Uninterested In James Harden For Ben Simmons Trade With 76ers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rockets Firmly Uninterested In James Harden For Ben Simmons Trade With 76ers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Oct 29, 2020 5:51 pm

The Houston Rockets are not interested in trading James Harden to the Philadelphia 76ers in a package centered around Ben Simmons. With Daryl Morey joining the 76ers, there has been speculation he might attempt to acquire Harden with his new team.

"I've already been told with a few expletives included by somebody with the Rockets: 'No, Daryl, James Harden for Ben Simmons is not happening. Don't ask,' said Tim MacMahon on the Brian Windhorst podcast.

"It's not up to the Rockets, is it?" replied Windhorst.

"The answer is no on that," added MacMahon.

MacMahon previously reported this week that the Rockets are 100 percent committed to continuing to build around Harden.

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

Myth
General Manager
And1: 8,463

Re: Rockets Firmly Uninterested In James Harden For Ben Simmons Trade With 76ers 

Post#2 » by Myth » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:27 pm

And this is the proper response from the Rockets.
ALPHAandOMEGA
Rookie
And1: 320

Re: Rockets Firmly Uninterested In James Harden For Ben Simmons Trade With 76ers 

Post#3 » by ALPHAandOMEGA » Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:56 pm

Harden is 10x the player that Simmons is. Why this idea gained any steam is testament to the incredible BS the media and internet can proliferate.
NoStatsGuy
Analyst
And1: 1,364

Post#4 » by NoStatsGuy » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:21 pm

bold prediction (?!):

hardens numbers are blown up by MDA system and harden will have a down year, which results in asking for a trade, cuz him and russ hate each other on the field.

after the season or even when the deadline comes around
im bout dat action boss
anatomicbomb
Sixth Man
And1: 1,208

Post#5 » by anatomicbomb » Thu Oct 29, 2020 7:29 pm

This is like when I low-ball guys with trade offers in my fantasy football league

Spoiler:
Everything is practice.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,817

Post#6 » by HotelVitale » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:40 pm

ALPHAandOMEGA wrote:Harden is 10x the player that Simmons is. Why this idea gained any steam is testament to the incredible BS the media and internet can proliferate.

Harden's also 31 years old and Simmons is 24. Trade's not happening but that would be the most important reason to consider something like that.
niha17
Rookie
And1: 68

Post#7 » by niha17 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:42 pm

I dont know why the rockets would not do it. It helps them more then the 6ers. Maybe thats why they havent won in 25 years. James harden is overrated by alot. It should have taken only 1 second of thought and accepted before the 6ers came to their senses. I guess thats why doc rivers hasnt won anything either. make dumb trades get fired didnt doc get it after he was let go in LA that overrated players get you fired PG13 to be one Indiana better without him The ony team that should trade for harden are the celtics or the bucks cause they can lose players and still get to the finals. Any other team is wating their time
lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Post#8 » by lonzo_pelota » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:48 pm

cant imagine Houston fans goin from a mvp who can shoot thee best contested three point shot, to a guy who wont even raise up to take one. lol
dickfox
Senior
And1: 522

Post#9 » by dickfox » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:00 pm

Russ and Simmons would be a bad pairing. I like Harden and Embiid together though :o
Lobdog31
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#10 » by Lobdog31 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:32 pm

What are you talking about my friend?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using RealGM mobile app
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 317

Post#11 » by Hans1984 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:43 pm

Who makes these garbage headlines ? "Emphatically Uninterested" really ? :crazy:
the_process
RealGM
And1: 8,730

Post#12 » by the_process » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:39 pm

This is just the Rockets way of saying "you left on you own accord, and we're not helping you build your new team".
RapsFan2000
Junior
And1: 233

Post#13 » by RapsFan2000 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:47 pm

This doesn't make sense for Houston. Pairing of Westbrick and Simmons won't do good in a half court offense. Fastbreak they would look good but they don't improve much. Harden on Philly would look better compared to the pairing of Embiid and Simmons.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#14 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:48 pm

niha17 wrote:I dont know why the rockets would not do it. It helps them more then the 6ers. Maybe thats why they havent won in 25 years. James harden is overrated by alot. It should have taken only 1 second of thought and accepted before the 6ers came to their senses. I guess thats why doc rivers hasnt won anything either. make dumb trades get fired didnt doc get it after he was let go in LA that overrated players get you fired PG13 to be one Indiana better without him The ony team that should trade for harden are the celtics or the bucks cause they can lose players and still get to the finals. Any other team is wating their time

EXACTLY. I get that it seems far-fetched and unrealistic to many poster here right now, but they are suffering from recency bias with regard to Darrel stepping away from the Rockets justa few weeks back. To think that Simmons may oneday do more to help a team actually win a championship (while Harden simply hasn't done enough) is not implausible. In fact, it's exactly the think-outside-the-box mentality and cunning that got Morey scooped up in the first place. Morey out hur with THE LONGEST VIEW IN THA BUILDING
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#15 » by The_Hater » Fri Oct 30, 2020 2:07 am

niha17 wrote:I dont know why the rockets would not do it. It helps them more then the 6ers. Maybe thats why they havent won in 25 years. James harden is overrated by alot. It should have taken only 1 second of thought and accepted before the 6ers came to their senses. I guess thats why doc rivers hasnt won anything either. make dumb trades get fired didnt doc get it after he was let go in LA that overrated players get you fired PG13 to be one Indiana better without him The ony team that should trade for harden are the celtics or the bucks cause they can lose players and still get to the finals. Any other team is wating their time

Well for starters, if they do decide to trade Harden they should canvas all 29 teams for their best offer instead of taking the first one in front of them. That’s how you maximize your return.

Also, you did realize that Doc ‘hasn’t won anything’ Rivers coached an NBA champion in Boston right?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Dloading24
Sophomore
And1: 220

Post#16 » by Dloading24 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 6:10 am

IAMZOOTED2 wrote:

EXACTLY. I get that it seems far-fetched and unrealistic to many poster here right now, but they are suffering from recency bias with regard to Darrel stepping away from the Rockets justa few weeks back. To think that Simmons may oneday do more to help a team actually win a championship (while Harden simply hasn't done enough) is not implausible. In fact, it's exactly the think-outside-the-box mentality and cunning that got Morey scooped up in the first place. Morey out hur with THE LONGEST VIEW IN THA BUILDING

You know morey's with the 6ers now right....
"Is that a trick question? They gave up Kwamay Brown, WHO CARES?!....Number two and more importantly KWAMAY BROWN is gone. The city of Angles, Hollywood, should be celebrating. Throw a parade already whether you win a championship or not"
Rastas
Starter
And1: 1,174

Post#17 » by Rastas » Fri Oct 30, 2020 8:46 am

Dear god no , watching Harden and Embiid dueling there way to 20+ free throws a game each would be worse than watching paint dry.
BigGargamel
Veteran
And1: 5,960

Post#18 » by BigGargamel » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:05 pm

Just because a player is younger doesn’t make it a good trade. Simmons and his contract would be quite a downgrade. If they truly want to change harden there will probably be a dozen better deals out there.
druggas
Head Coach
And1: 5,151

Post#19 » by druggas » Fri Oct 30, 2020 1:58 pm

BigGargamel wrote:Just because a player is younger doesn’t make it a good trade. Simmons and his contract would be quite a downgrade. If they truly want to change harden there will probably be a dozen better deals out there.

I doubt it. Simmons would be the best return and then he's not as good as Harden.

Return to Wiretap Discussion