Corey Brewer Joins Pelicans As Player Development Coach

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Corey Brewer Joins Pelicans As Player Development Coach 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Nov 15, 2020 2:41 am

The New Orleans Pelicans hired Corey Brewer as a player development coach, sources told Mark Berman of Fox 26.

The 34-year-old Brewer played five games for the Kings last season.

Brewer joins Chris Finch, Jeff Bzdelik, Jamelle McMillan, and others on Stan Van Gundy's staff. 

Via Mark Berman/Fox 26

Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,963

Re: Corey Brewer Joins Pelicans As Player Development Coach 

Post#2 » by Cassius » Sun Nov 15, 2020 10:52 am

I mean, what skill did Brewer develop that he didn't have at Florida? The man just ran around like a free safety for 15 years and never developed a handle or reliable jumper.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
watpho71
Junior
And1: 111

Post#3 » by watpho71 » Sun Nov 15, 2020 3:52 pm

Cassius wrote:I mean, what skill did Brewer develop that he didn't have at Florida? The man just ran around like a free safety for 15 years and never developed a handle or reliable jumper.

Free safety for 15 years, that's good! Brewer was highly touted out of Florida and did not develop into the player or the body that one might of hoped from a top 10 pick. Disregarding his playing achievements, lets see what he's capable of doing for others. The best coaches and teachers in the league were not necessarily top level players.
BeesKneesCs
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#4 » by BeesKneesCs » Sun Nov 15, 2020 8:54 pm

Cassius wrote:I mean, what skill did Brewer develop that he didn't have at Florida? The man just ran around like a free safety for 15 years and never developed a handle or reliable jumper.

Logged in to say the exact same thing. If he never developed himself why would he be good at developing others. Dude never even learned how to play team defense. Maybe he's the big brother keep the young guys out of trouble guy.
teebonze
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#5 » by teebonze » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:47 pm

Only thing he’s really ever done significantly in the league was help my favorite team Dallas rally for the comeback win in game 1 against the Lakers in the second round of the memorable 2011 title run. That being said will he always be on the list of players to win both a NCAA National Championship & NBA Championship.
What you know about Dirk’s leadership skills is non existent. You don’t have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills….well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette?

Return to Wiretap Discussion