Rockets Finding Russell Westbrook's Trade Market 'Relatively Barren'

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 296

Rockets Finding Russell Westbrook's Trade Market 'Relatively Barren' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 16, 2020 3:25 am

The Houston Rockets have been actively exploring the trade market for Russell Westbrook, but sources tell ESPN that his "marketplace is proving relatively barren."

Westbrook has three years and $131.5 million left on his contract.

Westbrook was a third team All-NBA selection this past season, successfully adapting his game during the regular season to playing with the Rockets. But he struggled during the restart after recovering from COVID-19 and then suffered a strained quad.

Houston traded Chris Paul and multiple future first round picks to the Oklahoma City Thunder last offseason for Westbrook.

Via Adrian Wojnarowski, Ramona Shelburne, Zach Lowe/ESPN

We Are Groot
Sophomore
And1: 30

Re: Rockets Finding Russell Westbrook's Trade Market 'Relatively Barren' 

Post#2 » by We Are Groot » Mon Nov 16, 2020 1:25 pm

bout to get UGLY in Houston
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 68

Post#3 » by objectivefan » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:42 pm

We Are Groot wrote:bout to get UGLY in Houston

Teams knowing that Westbrook wants out of Houston will only offer pennies on the dollar for any trade. I can definitely see Houston holding out until the trade deadline to find a team desperate to make the 7-8th seed.

To me, Atlanta and Charlotte have the most to gain by trading for Westbrook. In the East adding Westbrook means the playoffs.
Cassius
RealGM
And1: 3,992

Post#4 » by Cassius » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:32 pm

objectivefan wrote:

Teams knowing that Westbrook wants out of Houston will only offer pennies on the dollar for any trade. I can definitely see Houston holding out until the trade deadline to find a team desperate to make the 7-8th seed.

To me, Atlanta and Charlotte have the most to gain by trading for Westbrook. In the East adding Westbrook means the playoffs.

It's pretty hilarious when pennies on the dollar likely means over $80M in outgoing salary.
I_Like_Dirt wrote:The whole comparison to Kevin McHale is ridiculously close, imo... And that's without more hilarious aspects of the comparison, e.g. if Wally Sczerbiak were 7 feet tall with the slower reflexes that came with the additional height, he'd be Bargnani.
ImOnFire
Freshman
And1: 14

Post#5 » by ImOnFire » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:51 pm

One of the worst owners in the NBA
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,577

Post#6 » by Bentley1225 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:37 pm

I think there is a market based on the talent he has but no team if going to give more than $.60-70 cents on the dollar especially when the Rockets gave up 2 1sts and Chris Paul for him.

Return to Wiretap Discussion