Hornets Won't Trade No. 3 Pick To Rockets In Russell Westbrook Deal

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Hornets Won't Trade No. 3 Pick To Rockets In Russell Westbrook Deal 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:45 pm

While the Charlotte Hornets have interest in Russell Westbrook and are considered by some the team most likely to eventually acquire him, sources say they won't offer the No. 3 pick to the Houston Rockets in a deal for him.

The Hornets also own the 32nd overall pick and all of their future first round picks.

Charlotte would need to give up about $25 million in salary to land Westbrook.

The market for Westbrook has so far been very limited.

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 103

Re: Hornets Won't Trade No. 3 Pick To Rockets In Russell Westbrook Deal 

Post#2 » by dubbmotta » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:21 pm

If I'm Cha, offering Rozier, Malik Monk cokehead azz, Cody Zeller, 32nd pick and a couple 2nd rounders..thats it..
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#3 » by Salty1 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 7:55 pm

No way Cha makes the move.
This may be far fetched, perhaps Dallas is a viable option. Knicks are an obvious fit. I would love to see him play alongside towns in the pick and roll/pop game, but I'm not sure a small market team like Minnesota would be able to make this work financially. Miami had previous interest although that's highly unlikely, as I would see them being much more interested in Harden if anyone.

Here's the sleeper: the team that should be most interested and most willing to gamble is Milwaukee. Yes the same team that holds another superstar that is also ball dominant and can't shoot. There are multiple reasons leading me to believe this trade would be beneficial.
1. Milwaukee has close to zero assets and have done an attrotious job of bringing in elite level talent to play alongside Giannis.
2. If you put 2 three point shooters on one side of the floor, Middleton in the corner on the opposite end and run a pick and roll with Westbrook at the point and Giannis at the forward, I feel like play would be enough alone to keep you in the game. You combined these guys elite level defense and fast break action this could be a lethal combination. With some 3 and D dudes around them I'd say Sky's the limit.
3. Westbrook will save Giannis from leaving your team!
dubbmotta
Senior
And1: 103

Post#4 » by dubbmotta » Mon Nov 16, 2020 8:13 pm

Salty1 wrote:No way Cha makes the move.
This may be far fetched, perhaps Dallas is a viable option. Knicks are an obvious fit. I would love to see him play alongside towns in the pick and roll/pop game, but I'm not sure a small market team like Minnesota would be able to make this work financially. Miami had previous interest although that's highly unlikely, as I would see them being much more interested in Harden if anyone.

Here's the sleeper: the team that should be most interested and most willing to gamble is Milwaukee. Yes the same team that holds another superstar that is also ball dominant and can't shoot. There are multiple reasons leading me to believe this trade would be beneficial.
1. Milwaukee has close to zero assets and have done an attrotious job of bringing in elite level talent to play alongside Giannis.
2. If you put 2 three point shooters on one side of the floor, Middleton in the corner on the opposite end and run a pick and roll with Westbrook at the point and Giannis at the forward, I feel like play would be enough alone to keep you in the game. You combined these guys elite level defense and fast break action this could be a lethal combination. With some 3 and D dudes around them I'd say Sky's the limit.

What do the Bucks have to give up though??
Topofthekey
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,883

Post#5 » by Topofthekey » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:46 pm

dubbmotta wrote:

What do the Bucks have to give up though??

Here

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2016747
Kurt Heimlich
Head Coach
And1: 5,322

Post#6 » by Kurt Heimlich » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:28 pm

The fact that this even had to be stated makes me nervous for Hornet fans.
delsol650
Sixth Man
And1: 61

Post#7 » by delsol650 » Mon Nov 16, 2020 11:58 pm

Look who Giannis picked for his allstar team....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-all-star-draft-2020-results-complete-rosters-pick-order-takeaways-for-team-giannis-and-team-lebron/

None of those guys have an inkling of a Westbrook in them... He had chances to pick Westbrick, he didn't. He wanted to play along with Team Guys. Having a guy like Westbrick in Bucks will just make Giannis want to leave more. :lol:
luciano-davidwesley
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,247

Post#8 » by luciano-davidwesley » Tue Nov 17, 2020 1:47 am

In other news grass is green, sky is blue.
IAMZOOTED2
Analyst
And1: 2,414

Post#9 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 2:49 am

Kurt Heimlich wrote:The fact that this even had to be stated makes me nervous for Hornet fans.

My sentiments exactly... my initial feeling was thank ferk, but after a second’s pause I thought, WTF? Why would they even sniff that trade!!?
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.
jstudabaka
Bench Warmer
And1: 681

Post#10 » by jstudabaka » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:50 am

lmao Houston is the team that should have to send a draft asset
teebonze
Sophomore
And1: 43

Post#11 » by teebonze » Tue Nov 17, 2020 3:38 pm

This may be far fetched, perhaps Dallas is a viable option.

STOP just STOP. Dallas isn’t going to trade for Westbrick period.
What you know about Dirk’s leadership skills is non existent. You don’t have a clue. Your ability to evaluate leadership skills….well you obviously have an overinflated value of your own. Did you take business classes at Marquette?
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 25,128

Post#12 » by moocow007 » Tue Nov 17, 2020 5:16 pm

delsol650 wrote:Look who Giannis picked for his allstar team....

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-all-star-draft-2020-results-complete-rosters-pick-order-takeaways-for-team-giannis-and-team-lebron/

None of those guys have an inkling of a Westbrook in them... He had chances to pick Westbrick, he didn't. He wanted to play along with Team Guys. Having a guy like Westbrick in Bucks will just make Giannis want to leave more. :lol:

He picked guys that compliment him but that would allow him to be the main guy. But considering that the Bucks wouldn't be able to get any of the guys that he picked for Team Giannis it doesn't mean that he wouldn't want Westbrook or any of the guys that Lebron picked for Team Lebron (which is, agreed, about individual talent and maximizing talent rather than balance).

Return to Wiretap Discussion