Clippers Interested In Trade For Terry Rozier

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Clippers Interested In Trade For Terry Rozier 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Nov 20, 2020 6:37 pm

The Los Angeles Clippers have explored a trade for Terry Rozier, a sources tell Chris Mannix of Sports Illustrated.

The Clippers have targeted point guard as a position in which they seek improvement this offseason. 

The Clippers also are interested in Rajon Rondo, though he may command a larger salary than what they can fit into their cap.

Rozier signed a three-year, $58 million deal with the Hornets last offseason. Charlotte drafted LaMelo Ball with the third overall pick.

Via Chris Mannix/Sports Illustrated

ayyayyron
Senior
And1: 627

Re: Clippers Interested In Trade For Terry Rozier 

Post#2 » by ayyayyron » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:33 pm

I'm smelling a sign and trade for Montrezl Harrell
NBA fan first, Nets fan second, Grayson Allen hater third
Airmax3D
Sophomore
And1: 22

Post#3 » by Airmax3D » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:45 pm

ayyayyron wrote:I'm smelling a sign and trade for Montrezl Harrell

Smart! That would be a great trade for Charlotte. Exciting to imagine Pick n Roll with Lamelo and Harrell
ayyayyron
Senior

Post#4 » by ayyayyron » Fri Nov 20, 2020 7:49 pm

Airmax3D wrote:

Smart! That would be a great trade for Charlotte. Exciting to imagine Pick n Roll with Lamelo and Harrell

My only question is why Charlotte would do it instead of just signing him with cap space and then trading Rozier elsewhere. I'll eventually find an answer for it.
King4Day
RealGM
And1: 9,221

Post#5 » by King4Day » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:33 pm

ayyayyron wrote:
Airmax3D wrote:

My only question is why Charlotte would do it instead of just signing him with cap space and then trading Rozier elsewhere. I'll eventually find an answer for it.

I'm not certain many teams will want Rozier's contract. Graham seems to have taken the reigns anyway so this could be a smart move and not tie down the Hornets' cap next year (just thinking out loud as I'm not sure how it'd all work out)
"Sometimes, the dragon wins" #RallyTheValley
ayyayyron
Senior

Post#6 » by ayyayyron » Fri Nov 20, 2020 8:53 pm

King4Day wrote:
ayyayyron wrote:
Airmax3D wrote:

I'm not certain many teams will want Rozier's contract. Graham seems to have taken the reigns anyway so this could be a smart move and not tie down the Hornets' cap next year (just thinking out loud as I'm not sure how it'd all work out)

That's fair. It gives Charlotte the opportunity to re-sign Batum next offseason to another max without completely ridding them of their cap flexibility (jokes - please don't kill me, Hornets fans).
Mak
RealGM
And1: 4,569

Post#7 » by Mak » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:15 pm

Sounds like the Clippers never want to get to conference finals.
TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Post#8 » by TheCage4 » Fri Nov 20, 2020 9:45 pm

I’d like to see the Knicks revisit the Randle for Rozier trade rumor from before the “pause.”
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion