Serge Ibaka Agrees To Deal With Clippers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Serge Ibaka Agrees To Deal With Clippers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:31 am

Serge Ibaka has agreed to a contract with the Los Angeles Clippers, sources told Shams Charania of The Athletic.

Ibaka averaged 15.4 points and 8.2 rebounds for the Raptors last season. 

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Re: Serge Ibaka Agrees To Deal With Clippers 

Post#2 » by madmaxmedia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 6:13 am

Thank goodness we got SOMEBODY...at least we got a good one. Still need a PG though.
tigerae
Rookie
And1: 233

Post#3 » by tigerae » Sun Nov 22, 2020 10:33 am

Great pickup. Harrell was good, especially his energy and with Lou in the pick and roll. However, Ibaka is better all around. Better shooter and definitely better defensively. Harrell was just bullied by Jokic in the playoffs. Won't happen with Ibaka.

As a Laker fan as well as a Clippers fan, I really don't see Harrell fitting well with the Lakers. Simply because they had two great pick and roll players in my opinion in Dwight Howard and McGee and they rarely took advantage of it. If you don't believe me YouTube Josh Smith and Dwight Howard pick and rolling while in Houston.

Pure domination and LBJ/Rondo with Howard/McGee could have easily taken full advantage of that at times. Maybe they will implement it now with Harrell, but I was yelling at my TV basically every close playoff game mind boggled as to why they never went to the oldest play in the book when you had that kind of talent for it.
Greg Foster Jr.
Junior
And1: 111

Post#4 » by Greg Foster Jr. » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:10 pm

Ring chasing?? Pretty sure he was valued at more than this??
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#5 » by objectivefan » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:53 pm

tigerae wrote:Great pickup. Harrell was good, especially his energy and with Lou in the pick and roll. However, Ibaka is better all around. Better shooter and definitely better defensively. Harrell was just bullied by Jokic in the playoffs. Won't happen with Ibaka.

As a Laker fan as well as a Clippers fan, I really don't see Harrell fitting well with the Lakers. Simply because they had two great pick and roll players in my opinion in Dwight Howard and McGee and they rarely took advantage of it. If you don't believe me YouTube Josh Smith and Dwight Howard pick and rolling while in Houston.

Pure domination and LBJ/Rondo with Howard/McGee could have easily taken full advantage of that at times. Maybe they will implement it now with Harrell, but I was yelling at my TV basically every close playoff game mind boggled as to why they never went to the oldest play in the book when you had that kind of talent for it.

To be fair, Jokic is probably the best big man in the league and can have his way most nights.

With the Lakers, you always got the sense that they were playing 4 on 5 on offence when Dwight was in the game. How do you not see Harrel as an upgrade over Dwight?

Harrel 19pt / 7 rebs vs Dwight 7.3pt / 7.5 rebs
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Post#6 » by t-rexCity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 3:23 pm

Next get Gasol. After that trade for Lowry and Vanfleet lol. Kawhi, should've never left the Raps.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#7 » by luss54321 » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:27 pm

t-rexCity wrote:Next get Gasol. After that trade for Lowry and Vanfleet lol. Kawhi, should've never left the Raps.

Clippers will definitely be a better team than Toronto next year. When you lose one of your best players and dont have a solid replacement it's generally a good indication that your team is going to regress. They gave FVF a lot of money so they dont really have any flexibility.
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#8 » by Theo Ratliff » Sun Nov 22, 2020 4:34 pm

luss54321 wrote:
t-rexCity wrote:Next get Gasol. After that trade for Lowry and Vanfleet lol. Kawhi, should've never left the Raps.

Clippers will definitely be a better team than Toronto next year. When you lose one of your best players and dont have a solid replacement it's generally a good indication that your team is going to regress. They gave FVF a lot of money so they dont really have any flexibility.

Wait are you saying Gasol who averaged 7 points and 6 rebounds while shooting 42 percent is one of their best players?
madmaxmedia
RealGM
And1: 6,692

Post#9 » by madmaxmedia » Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:18 pm

objectivefan wrote:
tigerae wrote:Great pickup. Harrell was good, especially his energy and with Lou in the pick and roll. However, Ibaka is better all around. Better shooter and definitely better defensively. Harrell was just bullied by Jokic in the playoffs. Won't happen with Ibaka.

To be fair, Jokic is probably the best big man in the league and can have his way most nights.

With the Lakers, you always got the sense that they were playing 4 on 5 on offence when Dwight was in the game. How do you not see Harrel as an upgrade over Dwight?

Harrel 19pt / 7 rebs vs Dwight 7.3pt / 7.5 rebs

Although I agree with OP generally about Trezz, I do think he will play a role on the Lakers. His energy and hustle will always be felt in the court, if he’s not playing too many minutes. But lineups are important with Trezz, both the Lakers and the opposing teams. It’s weird for him to be such a high motor guy but be poor at rebounding and defense. Part of that is his skill set:size. But he’s still a good player overall.
t-rexCity
Junior
And1: 79

Post#10 » by t-rexCity » Sun Nov 22, 2020 9:08 pm

luss54321 wrote:

Lol ofc they will be better than Toronto..on paper at least.

Return to Wiretap Discussion