Nuggets Acquire $19M Traded Player Exception In Jerami Grant Deal With Pistons

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Nuggets Acquire $19M Traded Player Exception In Jerami Grant Deal With Pistons 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:51 am

The Denver Nuggets acquired a $19 million trade exception from the Detroit Pistons as part of a Jerami Grant sign-and-trade.

The Pistons acquired the draft rights to Nikola Radicevic.

Denver also received cash considerations. The Nuggets will have the exception next offseason.

Via Keith Smith/Yahoo! Sports

Badbobby
Sophomore
And1: 187

Re: Nuggets Acquire $19M Traded Player Exception In Jerami Grant Deal With Pistons 

Post#2 » by Badbobby » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:29 am

Why would the nugs trade him? I thought he came up pretty big against the Lakers in the playoffs
dice
RealGM
And1: 12,568

Re: Nuggets Acquire $19M Traded Player Exception In Jerami Grant Deal With Pistons 

Post#3 » by dice » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:47 am

Badbobby wrote:Why would the nugs trade him? I thought he came up pretty big against the Lakers in the playoffs

didn't want to pay him $20 mil a year i guess
the donald, always unpopular, did worse in EVERY state in 2020. and by a greater margin in red states! 50 independently-run elections, none of them rigged
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#4 » by Alonzo_Morning » Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:58 am

Badbobby wrote:Why would the nugs trade him? I thought he came up pretty big against the Lakers in the playoffs

Because that TPE could land them a really good player. It could even be the next Jerami Grant! :D
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,723

Post#5 » by slicedbread2 » Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:40 am

dice wrote:

They offered him the same deal. Grant wanted a bigger role. Not much you can do if your Denver. He was perfect for the 3rd/4th option role and could've parlayed potential future success in Denver into a fatter contract. If he can maintain that 3PT% in Detroit while getting better, it'll work out. Knowing that roster construction in Detroit, it's gonna be a mess. Should've resigned Wood unless there was something behind the scenes that made them have 2nd thoughts.
Indomitable
RealGM
And1: 5,412

Post#6 » by Indomitable » Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:37 pm

slicedbread2 wrote:
dice wrote:

They offered him the same deal. Grant wanted a bigger role. Not much you can do if your Denver. He was perfect for the 3rd/4th option role and could've parlayed potential future success in Denver into a fatter contract. If he can maintain that 3PT% in Detroit while getting better, it'll work out. Knowing that roster construction in Detroit, it's gonna be a mess. Should've resigned Wood unless there was something behind the scenes that made them have 2nd thoughts.

Wood wanted a bigger role.
:banghead:
Alonzo_Morning
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,624

Post#7 » by Alonzo_Morning » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:00 am

Indomitable wrote:
slicedbread2 wrote:
dice wrote:didn't want to pay him $20 mil a year i guess

Wood wanted a bigger role.

Yep, there's way too much firepower on that Pistons squad compared to the lowly Rockets

Return to Wiretap Discussion