Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 1, 2020 12:51 pm

While the Miami Heat consider Giannis Antetokounmpo their preferred acquisition target, they plan to shift to Bradley Beal should the two-time MVP sign an extension with the Milwaukee Bucks.

"If Giannis Antetokounmpo signs a max extension with the Bucks, Washington guard Bradley Beal becomes the No. 1 Heat target if or when he becomes available," writes Barry Jackson of the Miami Herald. "The Heat’s interest remains very high, according to a source with direct knowledge."

The Heat could likely build a trade package around Tyler Herro, either Duncan Robinson or Precious Achiuwa and a 2025 first rounder.

Beyond Antetokounmpo and Beal, the next most-likely option would be Victor Oladipo if he returns to his All-Star level. Oladipo is unlikely to be pursued via trade unless it is clear the Heat won't acquire Antetokounmpo or Beal.

Miami could sign Oladipo outright next offseason while keeping Jimmy Butler, Bam Adebayo and Tyler Herro if Oladipo signs for $4 million less than his max.

joeschmo
Junior
And1: 398

Re: 

Post#2 » by joeschmo » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:12 pm

Zero chance Tyler Herro is included in this potential trade, lol.
Bentley1225
RealGM
And1: 1,562

Re: 

Post#3 » by Bentley1225 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:36 pm

With what assets outside of Butler/Adebayo/Herro?
Zeno
RealGM
And1: 19,782

Re: Re: 

Post#4 » by Zeno » Tue Dec 1, 2020 3:43 pm

joeschmo wrote:Zero chance Tyler Herro is included in this potential trade, lol.

Maybe but less than zero chance Miami can trade for Beal without including him, given that they only have 1 future first rounder available for trade. Other teams would easily beat a non-Herro package from Miami. They probably would beat a package including him too. Unless of course he starts a ‘Miami or else’ trade demand.
When will we just change the name of 25 of the 30 teams to the Washington Generals?

Please advise….

Dan G.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#5 » by luss54321 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:09 pm

joeschmo wrote:Zero chance Tyler Herro is included in this potential trade, lol.

Beal averaged 30 PPG, 6 APG, and 4 REB. If the Heat want Beal, they need to give up Herro. No question about it. Herro had a nice rookie year, but Beal was the NBA's 2nd leading scorer. You don't pass on a player like Beal because you want to keep Tyler Herro. I'm not even sure if a package centered around Herro would be enough to get Beal.
mickie
Rookie
And1: 516

Re: 

Post#6 » by mickie » Tue Dec 1, 2020 4:32 pm

Pipedream for Heat fans to get Beal without Herro. I don't even think Wizards would entertain a trade talk with MIA even a package centering on Herro. Other teams can give better than what MIA can offer for Beal
joeschmo
Junior

Post#7 » by joeschmo » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:34 pm

luss54321 wrote:

Beal averaged 30 PPG, 6 APG, and 4 REB. If the Heat want Beal, they need to give up Herro. No question about it. Herro had a nice rookie year, but Beal was the NBA's 2nd leading scorer. You don't pass on a player like Beal because you want to keep Tyler Herro. I'm not even sure if a package centered around Herro would be enough to get Beal.

Herro is beloved by the organization, he is made. It means more than stats to the Heat. If you're not from Miami you won't get it.
luss54321
Starter
And1: 297

Post#8 » by luss54321 » Tue Dec 1, 2020 5:55 pm

joeschmo wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

Herro is beloved by the organization, he is made. It means more than stats to the Heat. If you're not from Miami you won't get it.

Every fan thinks that until their favorite player gets shipped off to a new team. You know what the organization loves? Winning and making money. If Beal can improve their team then Herro is gone. The NBA is always a business first.
joeschmo
Junior

Post#9 » by joeschmo » Tue Dec 1, 2020 7:03 pm

luss54321 wrote:
joeschmo wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

Every fan thinks that until their favorite player gets shipped off to a new team. You know what the organization loves? Winning and making money. If Beal can improve their team then Herro is gone. The NBA is always a business first.

You're wrong on this. UD is proof and Herro isn't my favorite player.
objectivefan
Junior
And1: 66

Post#10 » by objectivefan » Wed Dec 2, 2020 12:10 am

joeschmo wrote:
luss54321 wrote:

Potential is what gets management fired/replaced.
If you listen to the fans you will be sitting with them.

I understand that Riley is beloved in Miami but let's not forget how he got to be beloved! he made moves to better organization. Not trading for Beal based on the potential of Hero is asinine. This Miami team has a 3-4 year window, I am sure that Riley wants to go with another chip or two, he will not wait for Hero to possibly develop.
CanesHeatFins
Senior
And1: 650

Re: 

Post#11 » by CanesHeatFins » Wed Dec 2, 2020 12:23 am

Olidipo shouldn't be paid anywhere near the max. I'm not even entirely certain if he's better than Dragic or Herro today.

Return to Wiretap Discussion