Re: Cavaliers Discussed Russell Westbrook Trade With Rockets

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Cavaliers Discussed Russell Westbrook Trade With Rockets 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Tue Dec 1, 2020 7:38 pm

The trade market for Russell Westbrook has been slow to develop with the Washington Wizards being one of the teams to emerge in conversation with the Houston Rockets. But Shams Charania of The Athletic reports that the Cleveland Cavaliers also held talks with the Rockets.

"They talked to Washington about John Wall, which I reported," said Charania on the Complex Load Management podcast. They talked to Cleveland, I'm told."

While Westbrook has limited trade value around the league at present, the Rockets have sought an extensive trade package for him.

"Even their price for Russell Westbrook when the conversation went to Washington, I'm told the Rockets wanted multiple other assets. Whether it's draft compensation. Young players. When you set the price that high, even for Russell Westbrook, if it's not met the Rockets are fine going into this season and playing it out.

Via Shams Charania/The Athletic

Stillwater
RealGM
And1: 3,655

Post#2 » by Stillwater » Tue Dec 1, 2020 11:10 pm

KLove to Houston and Westbrook to ? no point in CLE wanting Westbrook I dont believe it
SUNDOWN BRINGS A WELCOME CHANGE TO EVERYTHING THAT'S HIDING
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#3 » by The_Hater » Wed Dec 2, 2020 12:25 am

Stillwater wrote:KLove to Houston and Westbrook to ? no point in CLE wanting Westbrook I dont believe it

He said they had a discussion, not that they were close to a deal. Not the same thing.

Also, there are several combinations that could have been conceivably been thrown back and forth with or without Love. You came up with exactly one in your head and immediately called ‘BS’. That’s pretty funny.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#4 » by puja21 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 1:45 am

The_Hater wrote:
Stillwater wrote:KLove to Houston and Westbrook to ? no point in CLE wanting Westbrook I dont believe it

He said they had a discussion, not that they were close to a deal. Not the same thing.

Also, there are several combinations that could have been conceivably been thrown back and forth with or without Love. You came up with exactly one in your head and immediately called ‘BS’. That’s pretty funny.

it would almost have to be love -- can't conceive of cleveland moving drummond when the end of that contract is so near
AIR24KOBE
Ballboy
And1: 9

Post#5 » by AIR24KOBE » Wed Dec 2, 2020 4:02 am

What do you accomplish by having Russell Westbrook on your team? Especially this Cavs team when you have a glut of guards already...
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#6 » by Stillwater » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:26 am

The_Hater wrote:

What i dont believe is that theyd havre interest in westbrook the love comments were because who else would Houston remotely be interested in coming back.i guess maybe dre.
I think yould have to have a 3rd team involved and since that wasnt mentioned the speculation based on any supposed discussion between gms is not believable as being more than 1 phone call from Houston to CLE not visa versa
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#7 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:31 am

Stillwater wrote:What i dont believe is that theyd havre interest bin westbrook the love comments were because who else would Houston remotely be interested in coming back.
I think yould have to have a 3rd team involved and since that wasnt mentioned the speculation based on any supposed discussion between gms is not believable as being more than 1 phone call from Houston to CLE not visa versa

Of course Cle would be interested in Westbrook. You forget: as a fan, your interested in winning. As an owner, your interested in $$$ and fans in seats. Look for teams like Cleveland to take albatross-contracts.....A) they need to spend the min, and B) they need to have someone SLIGHTLY interesting.

It's a total different view than a fan, but I could see Cleveland being very interested in a guy like Westbrook
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#8 » by Stillwater » Wed Dec 2, 2020 5:39 am

danfantastk32 wrote:
Stillwater wrote:What i dont believe is that theyd havre interest bin westbrook the love comments were because who else would Houston remotely be interested in coming back.

Of course Cle would be interested in Westbrook. You forget: as a fan, your interested in winning. As an owner, your interested in $$$ and fans in seats. Look for teams like Cleveland to take albatross-contracts.....A) they need to spend the min, and B) they need to have someone SLIGHTLY interesting.

It's a total different view than a fan, but I could see Cleveland being very interested in a guy like Westbrook

Nothing is impossible but i absolutely disagree they have any interest in him at that contract amount unless they are stupid enough to think they can win with him a bunch of young guards and no other vets left after the trade.
It makes no sense
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#9 » by The_Hater » Wed Dec 2, 2020 12:04 pm

puja21 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

it would almost have to be love -- can't conceive of cleveland moving drummond when the end of that contract is so near

Why not, and expiring deal is exactly the type of contract teams want in trades. Plus if this conversation took place before free agrncyk the Rockets were looking for a Center.

Regardless, if it was Love, that doesn’t mean the trade would have been Love for RWB with nothing else included in the deal, which the other poster seemed to conclude rather quickly. Picks or other players would have almost certainly have been involved.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Stillwater
RealGM

Post#10 » by Stillwater » Wed Dec 2, 2020 1:07 pm

The_Hater wrote:
puja21 wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

Why not, and expiring deal is exactly the type of contract teams want in trades. Plus if this conversation took place before free agrncyk the Rockets were looking for a Center.

Regardless, if it was Love, that doesn’t mean the trade would have been Love for RWB with nothing else included in the deal, which the other poster seemed to conclude rather quickly. Picks or other players would have almost certainly have been involved.

Sure and a 3rd team taking westbrook wasnt mentioned in these so called talks plural when in fact it was love asked about or maybe picks and expirings or maybe as you think "hey koby want westbrook for all your high upside young players and picks " and the phone call ended because CLE doesn't want westbrook.

Return to Wiretap Discussion