Dr. Anthony Fauci: Having Full NBA Arenas By July Is 'Cutting It Close'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Dr. Anthony Fauci: Having Full NBA Arenas By July Is 'Cutting It Close' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Dec 4, 2020 6:27 am

Dr. Anthony Fauci told Yahoo! Sports that the idea of teams playing in front of full arenas by the end of the NBA playoffs in July is "cutting it close."

“We're gonna be vaccinating the highest-priority people [from] the end of December through January, February, March. By the time you get to the general public, the people who'll be going to the basketball games, who don't have any underlying conditions, that's gonna be starting the end of April, May, June.

"So it probably will be well into the end of the summer before you can really feel comfortable [with full sports stadiums] – if a lot of people get vaccinated," said Fauci. 

Fauci added that having full NFL stadiums by next September is "possible."

The Jazz announced that they will allow up to 1500 fans this upcoming season.

Via Henry Bushnell/Yahoo! Sports

MitchB3
Starter
And1: 144

Re: Dr. Anthony Fauci: Having Full NBA Arenas By July Is 'Cutting It Close' 

Post#2 » by MitchB3 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 1:36 pm

Who in Heaven's name still listen to this man.
Wildcat
RealGM
And1: 1,490

Post#3 » by Wildcat » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:28 pm

MitchB3 wrote:Who in Heaven's name still listen to this man.

Unselfish people. Go un-f*ck yourself.
Hans1984
Pro Prospect
And1: 316

Post#4 » by Hans1984 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:28 pm

Theres ZERO chance. Just look at the daily numbers.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#5 » by BigHustle » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:32 pm

100% agree. Are we still in the 2 weeks to slow the spread or was it really 2 years?
People are not going to want to be the first ones to get a vaccine for a virus that is not going to hurt the vast majority of the population.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#6 » by BigHustle » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:33 pm

Wildcat wrote:

Not believing a person that is consistently wrong (Fauci) is not selfish.
Elnegron
Rookie
And1: 366

Post#7 » by Elnegron » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:41 pm

Couldn't agree more. this lying troll have toyed with dumb people for far too long. 1st was that usa shouldnt worry about the virus and that was in January, then that mask don't work, then 2 weeks to flatten the curve, then vaccines not good, now vaccines good. Let's not forget when he was caught laughing with no mask on. Dude hasn't been in Washington for 60 years for nothing
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#8 » by HotelVitale » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:56 pm

Elnegron wrote:

Couldn't agree more. this lying troll have toyed with dumb people for far too long. 1st was that usa shouldnt worry about the virus and that was in January, then that mask don't work, then 2 weeks to flatten the curve, then vaccines not good, now vaccines good. Let's not forget when he was caught laughing with no mask on. Dude hasn't been in Washington for 60 years for nothing

I don’t like the guy either but you all sound ignorant here, just plucking things out of context. In January nobody knew anything about the virus except that it existed in China, then he said once that people shouldn’t think a mask is going to make them totally safe and should still social distance. And no one ever ever thought that a global SARS outbreak can be eliminated in two weeks, that’s a ridiculous idea that you yourself are a total dunce if you interpreted that way. Also when tf did he say that ‘vaccines are not good?’ It’s been the only thing that dept has said since the start of this, we gotta wait on a vaccine cool out til then. You sound like you don’t know anything about the situation and are making meathead old-man-yelling-at-clouds criticisms of dude instead of the more accurate subtler things that are actually problems.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#9 » by Wildcat » Fri Dec 4, 2020 2:56 pm

BigHustle wrote:
Wildcat wrote:

Not believing a person that is consistently wrong (Fauci) is not selfish.

Science is ever evolving. Very simplistic view to understand. We have a virus that existed for, what 350-something days? The world is still trying to figure out cancer, HIV, and AIDS. I think it's understandable that a worldwide pandemic would initially create some inconsistencies.
Wildcat
RealGM

Post#10 » by Wildcat » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:01 pm

Elnegron wrote:

Oh, boy, I could have guess this was going to be your response based on the teams you cheer for. I hate stereotyping people.
12footrim
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,316

Post#11 » by 12footrim » Fri Dec 4, 2020 3:07 pm

BigHustle wrote:

100% agree. Are we still in the 2 weeks to slow the spread or was it really 2 years?
People are not going to want to be the first ones to get a vaccine for a virus that is not going to hurt the vast majority of the population.

It's not only deaths and you clearly have zero concept of how easy it is to overwhelm the hospital systems and how stressed they currently already are WITH RESTRICTIONS much less opening up basketball arenas and all the rest to full capacity. Just look at Italy last spring when that happens you have people dying on the streets even of things like strokes and heart attacks because there are no doctors to treat the firehose of people when you let it rip.

Currently 25% of the health care systems are about to break right now according to a leaked Trump administration memo that said it will happen in the next few weeks. This is even with all the restrictions. Certain areas of this country already have pop up tent hospitals and 18 wheeler freezer truck morgues it's so bad.

It's not just death rate which is bad enough but you are talking about literally the 3rd biggest killer in this nation this year behind Heart disease and Cancer. It's not a nothing burger. We shut down in March to give our inept government time to ramp up testing, make a plan, and get more info on the virus and we squandered it by not listening to the experts after. That's why we have about 4% of the worlds population and 20 some percent of the death. Hey but if you rather listen to Scott Atlas who has zero infectious disease expertise it shows you just want to hear what you want to hear and not reality.
Where I write

The Hoops Resource
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,398

Post#12 » by gottamakeit » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:23 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
Elnegron wrote:

I don’t like the guy either but you all sound ignorant here, just plucking things out of context. In January nobody knew anything about the virus except that it existed in China, then he said once that people shouldn’t think a mask is going to make them totally safe and should still social distance. And no one ever ever thought that a global SARS outbreak can be eliminated in two weeks, that’s a ridiculous idea that you yourself are a total dunce if you interpreted that way. Also when tf did he say that ‘vaccines are not good?’ It’s been the only thing that dept has said since the start of this, we gotta wait on a vaccine cool out til then. You sound like you don’t know anything about the situation and are making meathead old-man-yelling-at-clouds criticisms of dude instead of the more accurate subtler things that are actually problems.

The only way for them to make any argument is out of context, intellectual dishonesty is rampant with them. just don't bother with these people, you're wasting your breath
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it
RoxSteady
Sixth Man
And1: 5,243

Post#13 » by RoxSteady » Fri Dec 4, 2020 4:36 pm

gottamakeit wrote:
HotelVitale wrote:
Elnegron wrote:Couldn't agree more. this lying troll have toyed with dumb people for far too long. 1st was that usa shouldnt worry about the virus and that was in January, then that mask don't work, then 2 weeks to flatten the curve, then vaccines not good, now vaccines good. Let's not forget when he was caught laughing with no mask on. Dude hasn't been in Washington for 60 years for nothing

The only way for them to make any argument is out of context, intellectual dishonesty is rampant with them. just don't bother with these people, you're wasting your breath

Anthony Fauci, what we gonna do?
Inject him with the Wuhan flu!
Inject him with the Wuuuhan fluuuu.

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,078

Post#14 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Dec 4, 2020 5:16 pm

I'm going to leave the source of the information aside, you all have your opinions on Dr. Fauci. I just wonder, if the most vulnerable are being vaccinated first, Should arenas start having people in them?

ill give an example: my family has taken the pandemic very seriously because of my girlfriends family. her mom is 65, her sister is asthmatic, and her grandmother is one of the oldest people in the world. my family doesnt want to give it to me, then have me give it to her, then her whole family is at at 15 percent risk of dying to covid. I have taken turns being at both places full time, because im needed at both before anyone asks why I dont just stop seeing her.

the question is: can someone over 100 years old be vaccinated? is it going to cause complications for even people who have asthma, or even people who are over 50?

Maybe they should do it in reverse and have the healthy people use the vaccine to protect the vulnerable, since its less likely people would have adverse effects.
HotelVitale
RealGM
And1: 9,804

Post#15 » by HotelVitale » Fri Dec 4, 2020 6:32 pm

gottamakeit wrote:
HotelVitale wrote: I don’t like the guy either but you all sound ignorant here, just plucking things out of context. In January nobody knew anything about the virus except that it existed in China, then he said once that people shouldn’t think a mask is going to make them totally safe and should still social distance. And no one ever ever thought that a global SARS outbreak can be eliminated in two weeks, that’s a ridiculous idea that you yourself are a total dunce if you interpreted that way. Also when tf did he say that ‘vaccines are not good?’ It’s been the only thing that dept has said since the start of this, we gotta wait on a vaccine cool out til then. You sound like you don’t know anything about the situation and are making meathead old-man-yelling-at-clouds criticisms of dude instead of the more accurate subtler things that are actually problems.

I was a teacher for a long time so I know that people generally want to have their own thoughts but are used to a culture that divides things for them into simple narratives. Most folks are just getting played by right wing media, ultimately just to scoop them into supporting low key pro-corporate/multi-national policies, or else by a kind of bland liberal-y media that does a very poor job of talking about real causes and real solutions. Anyway, I think Fauci is pretty clumsy and bad at his job as spokesperson, he speculates way too much and sometimes seems to talk to people like they're toddlers and sometimes like they're his drinking buddies.
gottamakeit
Sixth Man
And1: 1,398

Post#16 » by gottamakeit » Fri Dec 4, 2020 6:55 pm

HotelVitale wrote:
gottamakeit wrote:
HotelVitale wrote: I don’t like the guy either but you all sound ignorant here, just plucking things out of context. In January nobody knew anything about the virus except that it existed in China, then he said once that people shouldn’t think a mask is going to make them totally safe and should still social distance. And no one ever ever thought that a global SARS outbreak can be eliminated in two weeks, that’s a ridiculous idea that you yourself are a total dunce if you interpreted that way. Also when tf did he say that ‘vaccines are not good?’ It’s been the only thing that dept has said since the start of this, we gotta wait on a vaccine cool out til then. You sound like you don’t know anything about the situation and are making meathead old-man-yelling-at-clouds criticisms of dude instead of the more accurate subtler things that are actually problems.

I was a teacher for a long time so I know that people generally want to have their own thoughts but are used to a culture that divides things for them into simple narratives. Most folks are just getting played by right wing media, ultimately just to scoop them into supporting low key pro-corporate/multi-national policies, or else by a kind of bland liberal-y media that does a very poor job of talking about real causes and real solutions. Anyway, I think Fauci is pretty clumsy and bad at his job as spokesperson, he speculates way too much and sometimes seems to talk to people like they're toddlers and sometimes like they're his drinking buddies.

Thanks for your service as a teacher.
Look, I'm not opposed to criticizing Fauci for valid reasons, some of which you listed. I just hate that one of the more competent individuals of the trump admin. has been the punching bag for the right wing media.
cupcakesnake wrote:...no one is forcing you to make up an opinion and post it

Return to Wiretap Discussion