Steph Curry On Finding Chemistry With New Teammates: 'It Will Come'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Steph Curry On Finding Chemistry With New Teammates: 'It Will Come' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Dec 13, 2020 5:29 pm

Steph Curry admitted that it will take time to find chemistry with his new Golden State Warriors teammates following their opening preseason game on Saturday night.

"Honestly, I don't know because I've had a solid, consistent core. I think from Monday to now we're starting to talk about some of the patterns and some of the things that I'm used to, especially if I give up the ball.

"And knowing where open spots on the floor are. It will come. I don't know what the specific answer to the question is, but it will come. ... It's just one of those things where you have to continue to communicate," said Curry.

Curry had 10 points on 3-of-10 shooting from the field.

Steve Kerr added that the new Warriors will have to get used to Curry's unique style. 

"I think with most players who come in, they're not used to the second half of the possession. They're sort of used to whatever the pattern is in the beginning. But as soon as maybe Steph gives up the ball, that's when the action really starts the way we play. And that's the tricky part for guys to figure out."

Via Nick Friedell/ESPN

jozef
Sixth Man
And1: 124

Re: Steph Curry On Finding Chemistry With New Teammates: 'It Will Come' 

Post#2 » by jozef » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:27 am

Bring Bogut for player development job, trade Andrew Wiggins for Harrison Barnes.
GQ Hot Dog
General Manager
And1: 5,016

Post#3 » by GQ Hot Dog » Mon Dec 14, 2020 6:14 pm

jozef wrote:Bring Bogut for player development job, trade Andrew Wiggins for Harrison Barnes.

We're not interested in doing Sacto any favors. Wiggins is a better player than Barnes.
The hottest of takes...
Jester_ wrote:Hot take: Moses Moody shows the potential to be a star/#2 option ala Lauri Markkanen. Both the eye test and the advanced stats show a player with extremely high slope.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 187

Post#4 » by puja21 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 7:43 pm

GQ Hot Dog wrote:
jozef wrote:Bring Bogut for player development job, trade Andrew Wiggins for Harrison Barnes.

We're not interested in doing Sacto any favors. Wiggins is a better player than Barnes.

that feels wrong... Sure, Wiggins is a better volume scorer and passer.
Virtually every other measurable favors Barnes, esp contract (dramatically)

Barnes vs. Wiggins
$60M/3 years > $100M/3 years
38% career 3P > 33%
80% career FT > 70%
4.5 career VORP > 0.2
4.6 2019 WS > 1.9
108 career ORtg > 104
110 career DRtg > 114
-0.8 career DBPM > -2.0
-1.0 career BPM > -2.0
7.8 career reb/100 poss > 6

And at nearly 26, Wiggins is no longer a "young player with upside" -- very likely he is who he is at this point

It's difficult to compare guys when Barnes was treated like a role player (in GS at least) and guarded as such vs. the other is a primary wing on a bad team.. but even so... would you rather have a solid role player, paid as a role player and asked to play as a role player (in Barnes)? Or a bad #2 option, but paid as a max player, and asked to force himself into a role player fit (Wiggins)?

You could argue the numbers are close, but all do favor Barnes and the money is not close at all.

Wiggins has to dramatically change who he has already been and become something new if he is going to be a better Warriors option than Barnes.

Return to Wiretap Discussion