Re: Ben Simmons: Goal Is Never Gonna Change Despite Trade Rumors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Ben Simmons: Goal Is Never Gonna Change Despite Trade Rumors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:45 pm

Ben Simmons said he's not worried about his name being connected to trade rumors involving James Harden. The Houston Rockets and Philadelphia 76ers have been in touch on a Harden trade with varying reports on the availability of Simmons. 

"No," Simmons said after Tuesday's practice. "I come in every day, take it a day at a time, ready to work. I'm with my teammates. ... Every day I wake up, every time I got a Sixers uniform on, I'm representing the Sixers. So my mentality never changes.

"I'm here to win a championship. That goal is never gonna change. I know things are always going to be said in the media, and rumors and things like that, but my goal is to come in every day and get better and help the team that I'm on win a championship."

The 76ers are excited for their supporting cast around Simmons and Joel Embiid.

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Lockdown504090
RealGM
And1: 12,131

Post#2 » by Lockdown504090 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 3:35 am

James harden has improved more over the last 3-4 years defensively than ben simmons has improved offensively.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 157

Post#3 » by BigHustle » Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:27 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:James harden has improved more over the last 3-4 years defensively than ben simmons has improved offensively.

Thank you. True true.
Feel sorry for Simmons as he has a lot of talent but doesn’t seem to hustle enough on practicing. HUSTLE!!!
elchengue20
Sixth Man
And1: 1,528

Post#4 » by elchengue20 » Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:28 am

Lockdown504090 wrote:James harden has improved more over the last 3-4 years defensively than ben simmons has improved offensively.

Facts.Simmons is nearly the same player. Harden has improved a lot, hes a decent defender and even good in some games.
dhsilv2
RealGM
And1: 22,708

Post#5 » by dhsilv2 » Sat Dec 26, 2020 12:42 am

elchengue20 wrote:

Facts.Simmons is nearly the same player. Harden has improved a lot, hes a decent defender and even good in some games.

Simmons is better in the post, he's better moving off ball. He just saw the team around him get worse and worse for his skillset each year until this year. The fact his offensive stats looked the same each year is proof positive that he was improving.

Return to Wiretap Discussion