Donnie Walsh Retiring From Pacers

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Donnie Walsh Retiring From Pacers 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Wed Dec 30, 2020 10:00 pm

Donnie Walsh is retiring from his role with the Indiana Pacers.

In Walsh’s 22 years as general manager or president, the Pacers reached the playoffs 19 times.

“I’m getting older and don’t have the energy,” said Walsh, 79. “It’s a young man’s sport. This job has always occupied a great deal of my time. The Pacers were always in my head. This gives me an opportunity to pay attention to my children, my grandchildren and my wife (Judy) of 58 years.”

“Over my thirty-year relationship with Donnie, I have been amazed to watch him help lead this organization to what it has become," Pacers owner Herb Simon said in a statement. "He was certainly the right leader at the right time, and the invaluable wisdom and counsel he has provided over the decades extend well beyond the lines of the basketball court. For that, I owe him an incredible debt of gratitude. While he may be stepping away, Donnie will always be part of the Pacers family and I am personally excited for him as he transitions to his next chapter.”

Via Matthew VanTryon/Indianapolis Star

ayyayyron
Senior
And1: 627

Re: Donnie Walsh Retiring From Pacers 

Post#2 » by ayyayyron » Wed Dec 30, 2020 11:41 pm

I know there's little relevance, but if he's replaced by Billy King, I'm shooting myself in the foot and nose before watching Sabonis and 4 picks get traded for the bird rights to Kevin Garnett, a PS2, and a twinkie
NBA fan first, Nets fan second, Grayson Allen hater third
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 193

Post#3 » by 23artest23 » Thu Dec 31, 2020 2:51 am

An all time great
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#4 » by Theo Ratliff » Fri Jan 1, 2021 1:27 am

That Carmelo trade set the Knicks back another 10 years.

Return to Wiretap Discussion