Steve Nash Doesn't Want To Turn DeAndre Jordan, Jarrett Allen Situation Into 'Mini-Drama'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Steve Nash Doesn't Want To Turn DeAndre Jordan, Jarrett Allen Situation Into 'Mini-Drama' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 2, 2021 6:21 pm

Steve Nash discussed DeAndre Jordan and Jarrett Allen's rotation at the center position, saying that he doesn't want to pit the two players against each other.

Nash added that Jordan's experience and chemistry with Kyrie Irving and Kevin Durant is playing a role in him starting games.

"He definitely has that relationship with Ky and Kevin. He has that experience as the older player. Caris [LeVert] and JA also have good chemistry. So, it’s a bit of everything. It’s just not something I’m belaboring," said Nash.

Jordan currently averages just under 20 minutes per game, with Allen playing 22.5 minutes.

Nash added that Allen will continue to see minutes.

"Jarrett’s going to play a lot. I love him on the floor. I want to be very careful not to make it like a mini-drama because it’s not. ... I just don’t want it to become some sort of thing where we’re pitting our own guys against each other because I think the group has got a pretty good vibe right now.”

Via Brian Lewis/New York Post

pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Re: Steve Nash Doesn't Want To Turn DeAndre Jordan, Jarrett Allen Situation Into 'Mini-Drama' 

Post#2 » by pootbrah » Sat Jan 2, 2021 9:05 pm

Nash sounds like a good coach
cfour6
Ballboy
And1: 10

Re: Steve Nash Doesn't Want To Turn DeAndre Jordan, Jarrett Allen Situation Into 'Mini-Drama' 

Post#3 » by cfour6 » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:45 am

pootbrah wrote:Nash sounds like a good coach

I agree. I hope to see some noticeable on the spot adjustments. He really knows the game.

Return to Wiretap Discussion