Jaylen Brown Evokes MLK: There Are Two Split Different Americas

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Jaylen Brown Evokes MLK: There Are Two Split Different Americas 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 7, 2021 4:21 pm

Jaylen Brown and Jayson Tatum addressed the media together after a mob stormed the Capitol with little resistance by police officers.

“It reminds me of what Dr. Martin Luther King has said, that there are two split different Americas,” Brown said. “In one America, you get killed by sleeping in your car, selling cigarettes, or playing in your backyard, and in another America you get to storm the Capitol and no tear gas, no massive arrests, none of that. It’s obvious — it’s 2021 and I don’t think anything has changed.”

The Celtics left the floor before tipoff and had a players-only meeting to talk about the riots in Washington D.C. Brad Stevens thought the game would be called off.

“[The coaching staff] left so the team could come to a decision,” Stevens said. “Just left it at that. If our guys chose not to play tonight, they had the full support of myself, my staff and our organization.”

Tatum said Celtics players discussed their options and decided they could better broadcast their message by playing, rather than sitting out.

“I just feel like the same energy should be kept as when we see our people peacefully protesting for things that we see our people getting murdered on TV and live and videos,” Tatum said. “And they’re protesting the Capitol, or rioting the Capitol for losing an election. It’s two different things. And I want the same energy on TV to be, you know, ‘they’re thugs’ and ‘they’re criminals,’ the same terms that they use when they see our people protesting for losing our lives. I think it’s bigger than basketball, it’s bigger than the game today.”

Brown said he was unsurprised by both the Jacob Blake ruling and by Wednesday’s events.

“I think that America is kind of built on a lot of racism,” Brown said. “That’s the foundation, and we don’t even flinch or shift out of any of those idea. I think it was common sense for a lot of people to be upset and things like that, so all of us felt the same way.

“But using this platform that we have is important to us. We are role models, we are members of our community, we do have people looking up to us, and we want the next generation to know where we stand. We want the next generation to know like, hopefully it’s better than this one. So we want to continue to keep those conversations alive. We want to compartmentalize, but at the same time, we want to voice our opinions through the media, through our platforms, through our influence to let people know this is not okay.”

Via Tom Westerholm/Boston Globe

alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Re: Jaylen Brown Evokes MLK: There Are Two Split Different Americas 

Post#2 » by alienpick » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:19 pm

The funny thing is they are too stupid to realize these are the same guys that were rioting with a BLM all summer. Pictures clearly show known ANTIFA members in the capital 'storming'. Professional rioters intent on anarchy. Nothing more.

Burn and loot cities all summer long... supported by NBA. Same people storm the capital ... NBA wants to cancel games. smh

Even if it wasn't ANTIFA led, those crazy Trump supporters have the same right to protest as BLM.
The true double standard is millionaire NBA players trying to force their agenda and suppress the rights of people with points of view they don't agree with. Land of division.
hyberx
Starter
And1: 384

Post#3 » by hyberx » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:21 pm

alienpick wrote:The funny thing is they are too stupid to realize these are the same guys that were rioting with a BLM all summer. Pictures clearly show known ANTIFA members in the capital 'storming'. Professional rioters intent on anarchy. Nothing more.

Burn and loot cities all summer long... supported by NBA. Same people storm the capital ... NBA wants to cancel games. smh

Even if it wasn't ANTIFA led, those crazy Trump supporters have the same right to protest as BLM.
The true double standard is millionaire NBA players trying to force their agenda and suppress the rights of people with points of view they don't agree with. Land of division.

+10000
The_Teflon_Don
Ballboy
And1: 22

Post#4 » by The_Teflon_Don » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:21 pm

alienpick wrote:The funny thing is they are too stupid to realize these are the same guys that were rioting with a BLM all summer. Pictures clearly show known ANTIFA members in the capital 'storming'. Professional rioters intent on anarchy. Nothing more.

Bingo! You hit it on the button.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#5 » by Arp590 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:28 pm

and in another America you get to storm the Capitol and no tear gas, no massive arrests, none of that.

Except this statement is a lie, there was tear gas, there were 52 arrest as of this morning, & 1 person was killed by the police.
Another 3 people confirmed dead this morning, but I haven't heard any details on how they died yet.

So basically he's lying to to validate his agenda.
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,203

Post#6 » by Mark_83 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:37 pm

Two split America's:

One where BLM and antifa rioters are allowed to destroy and vandalize with impunity all summer while police are told to stand down, and those rioters actually arrested are released immediately without bond by sympathetic AGs (Minnesota, Louisville, New York, etc.)

Another where a white woman is shot and killed by police for protesting, while dozens of others (presumably white people) are arrested and treated as the actual rioters they are.

:roll:
Mark_83
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,203

Post#7 » by Mark_83 » Thu Jan 7, 2021 6:43 pm

Arp590 wrote:
and in another America you get to storm the Capitol and no tear gas, no massive arrests, none of that.

Except this statement is a lie, there was tear gas, there were 52 arrest as of this morning, & 1 person was killed by the police.
Another 3 people confirmed dead this morning, but I haven't heard any details on how they died yet.

So basically he's lying to to validate his agenda.

Bingo.

Did police even kill a single rioter all summer? The majority were told to stand down and let the rioters do what they wanted.

This is why athletes are paid to play not to think or talk. Not only are most academically uneducated and inexperienced in life, but they live in the same reality bubble that the rest of the 1% do.
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
And1: 9,238

Post#8 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Jan 7, 2021 8:45 pm

Can’t drop tear gas indoors... and this is a much smaller scale. Did he miss the part where police did nothing as violent BLM/ANTIFA clowns were allowed to loot and burn down businesses? Plus it was used, people were arrested, and killed by police. Dumb.
Faith, Family, Basketball
#2A
#Adopt
swenjj
Senior
And1: 25

Post#9 » by swenjj » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:15 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:Can’t drop tear gas indoors... and this is a much smaller scale. Did he miss the part where police did nothing as violent BLM/ANTIFA clowns were allowed to loot and burn down businesses? Plus it was used, people were arrested, and killed by police. Dumb.

And he still thinks we are all racist for not thinking the same way he does (brown) I still don't understand why they pick certain people to be outraged over and not others. Blake was a rapist that fought cops,was tasered, got away and went for his knife..why does his skin color matter in that situation? I have been called racist for asking why his skin color matters.. it's crazy..our country is moving backwards to voluntary segregation..
FreeBoosie
Senior
And1: 119

Post#10 » by FreeBoosie » Thu Jan 7, 2021 9:52 pm

The players, multi b/millionaires (including the president) and media just want to just keep saying stuff to create bigger divides amongst people and keep us sheep busy which they’re succeeding at. Crazy how the west used to use these divide and conquer policies on “s#ithole countries” as our president would call them but now it’s being applied right here at home.
Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Post#11 » by Theo Ratliff » Thu Jan 7, 2021 10:53 pm

Shut up and dribble a basketball.
pootbrah
Bench Warmer
And1: 897

Post#12 » by pootbrah » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:00 pm

Mark_83 wrote:Two split America's:

One where BLM and antifa rioters are allowed to destroy and vandalize with impunity all summer while police are told to stand down, and those rioters actually arrested are released immediately without bond by sympathetic AGs (Minnesota, Louisville, New York, etc.)

Another where a white woman is shot and killed by police for protesting, while dozens of others (presumably white people) are arrested and treated as the actual rioters they are.

:roll:

I'm so happy these are the kinds of comments I see in response to this topic. I'm surprised it's not heavily moderated as only one story line seems to be allowed to be correct by the media. Still can't talk about the other side of coronavirus the media isn't stuffing down our throats here though.....
LewisnotMiller
Analyst
And1: 3,236

Post#13 » by LewisnotMiller » Thu Jan 7, 2021 11:33 pm

Theo Ratliff wrote:Shut up and dribble a basketball.

Why the hell should he?
I fully respect and support Jaylen's right to use his platform on this.
basketballwacko2
RealGM
And1: 3,934

Post#14 » by basketballwacko2 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 2:29 am

I think it's utterly depraved that this guy making almost $23 million a year to play a little kids game is such a whining child!
LewisnotMiller
Analyst

Post#15 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Jan 8, 2021 4:28 am

basketballwacko2 wrote:I think it's utterly depraved that this guy making almost $23 million a year to play a little kids game is such a whining child!

Is this the first rich person you've categorised as a 'whining child'?
Or do you normally think the rich should have less interest in society?
Or...meh...I'm confused.
Arp590
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,989

Post#16 » by Arp590 » Fri Jan 8, 2021 1:13 pm

LewisnotMiller wrote:

Why the hell should he?

And that's completely fine, but he shouldn't be blatantly lying & misrepresenting facts to the public to help his cause.
LewisnotMiller
Analyst

Post#17 » by LewisnotMiller » Fri Jan 8, 2021 10:36 pm

Arp590 wrote:
LewisnotMiller wrote:

Why the hell should he?

And that's completely fine, but he shouldn't be blatantly lying & misrepresenting facts to the public to help his cause.

It would behoove everyone to stick to the truth. But I agree with the main thrust of his point.
If that was a similarly sized and armed gang of blacks storming the Capitol building, the use of force would have been of a different scale.
LikeABosh
RealGM
And1: 8,633

Post#18 » by LikeABosh » Sat Jan 9, 2021 3:11 pm

alienpick wrote:The funny thing is they are too stupid to realize these are the same guys that were rioting with a BLM all summer. Pictures clearly show known ANTIFA members in the capital 'storming'.

I have yet to see any proof of that and can't find the pictures you're referring to. Maybe you should stop listening to the pig man that is Matt Gaetz who straight up lied about the FBI using facial recognition to spot ANTIFA members
alienpick
Starter
And1: 619

Post#19 » by alienpick » Sat Jan 9, 2021 11:24 pm

LikeABosh wrote:
alienpick wrote:The funny thing is they are too stupid to realize these are the same guys that were rioting with a BLM all summer. Pictures clearly show known ANTIFA members in the capital 'storming'.

I have yet to see any proof of that and can't find the pictures you're referring to. Maybe you should stop listening to the pig man that is Matt Gaetz who straight up lied about the FBI using facial recognition to spot ANTIFA members

I don't know this pig man you talk of. I've seen 'professional' rioters personally, so I have little doubt.

Like I said though, even if professional rioters weren't involved: everyone has the right to protest. If BLM gets to burn buildings and destroy cities all summer, and that's considered acceptable: then crazy Trumpers have that right too. You can't have two Americas, where only one side gets the right to protest and the other doesn't.
It's been hilarious how offended the BLMers have been about the Capitol Riot, when they did far worse for months and months. Hypocrites that only want it one way.

(I personally don't think it's acceptable to riot and destroy stuff, but it is acceptable to protest peacefully; but that's me.)

Return to Wiretap Discussion