Ben Simmons 'Was Absolutely On The Table' To Rockets, 'Was Prepared To Be Traded'

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 207

Ben Simmons 'Was Absolutely On The Table' To Rockets, 'Was Prepared To Be Traded' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:34 am

The Philadelphia 76ers and Houston Rockets had serious discussions on a trade centered on Ben Simmons for James Harden before a deal with the Brooklyn Nets was eventually reached.

"Ben Simmons was absolutely on the table," said Tim MacMahon.

"I can add something here," said Brian Windhorst. "In speaking to individuals with knowledge, Ben Simmons was prepared to be traded today. I don't know if I can say expected to be traded, but was prepared to be traded. Was ready to be traded. They never told him he was going to be traded."

The Rockets have long been believed to have preferred a trade for Simmons over a package from the Nets, which may have forced Brooklyn to send such a wealth of draft compensation. 

Via Brian Windhorst, Tim MacMahon/ESPN

BigGargamel
Freshman
And1: 71

Re: Ben Simmons 'Was Absolutely On The Table' To Rockets, 'Was Prepared To Be Traded' 

Post#2 » by BigGargamel » Thu Jan 14, 2021 12:59 am

I hate the way Brian windhorst words things
Theo Ratliff
Sophomore
And1: 20

Re: Ben Simmons 'Was Absolutely On The Table' To Rockets, 'Was Prepared To Be Traded' 

Post#3 » by Theo Ratliff » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:06 am

BigGargamel wrote:I hate the way Brian windhorst words things

That's because is mouth is always filled with LeBron.
IAMZOOTED2
Sixth Man
And1: 672

Post#4 » by IAMZOOTED2 » Thu Jan 14, 2021 7:29 am

Theo Ratliff wrote:
BigGargamel wrote:I hate the way Brian windhorst words things

That's because is mouth is always filled with LeBron.

Yeah, he did latch on early, didn't he? He's like one of them cleaner fish that follows other fish around subsiding entirely off their host, but providing enough symbiotically to let hang around. To his credit he has weaseled himself into the spotlight more and for subjects other than LBJ, but it's pretty blatant. Once Lebron retires you just know some BS book is coming where he'll likely get paid by the word
A single sharp pepper is better than a basketful of gourds.

Return to Wiretap Discussion