Ben Simmons Happy To Still With 76ers Following End Of James Harden Trade Possibility

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Ben Simmons Happy To Still With 76ers Following End Of James Harden Trade Possibility 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:06 pm

Ben Simmons had 10 points, 10 rebounds and 12 assists in 34 minutes in his first game since the possibility of the Philadelphia 76ers trading him for James Harden came to an end.

"I mean, this a business," Simmons said when asked if he was happy the Harden trade rumors were behind him.

"Things like that happen. Only thing I can control is, you know, how I approach my workouts, the games and my day-to-day thing. So, you know, I'm just trying to be professional and to do the right thing and help my team get wins."

When asked Thursday if he felt a need to discuss what happened with Morey or anyone else in management, Simmons said he can only control what he can control.

"I come in here and work every day," Simmons said. "So my job is to get better and get wins -- all the other stuff I can't control. As I said before, all I can control is how I come in with my mindset, with practices and on the floor, and I had a great time tonight. I'm blessed. I get to play the game I love every day at the highest level in the world. ... There's far worse things going on the world, so, you know, I'm in a blessed position. If you told me I would never play the game again, that'd be a different story."

When asked if he was happy to still be in Philadelphia, Simmons added, "Of course."

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Return to Wiretap Discussion