Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo On Working Through Free Throw Struggles: Just Shoot More

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 291

Giannis Antetokounmpo On Working Through Free Throw Struggles: Just Shoot More 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:26 am

Giannis Antetokounmpo said he planned to work through his free throw struggles by practicing more from the line.

"Just go back. Shoot more. Focus on your technique. Take it step by step. Just shoot more. That's it. The more you shoot, the more you work on it, the better you get. There's no secret in that," said Antetokounmpo following the Bucks' 112-109 win over the Mavs.

Antetokounmpo shot 1-of-10 from the line in the game, which is the worst performance in Bucks history for a player with at least ten attempts.

Antetokounmpo is shooting 57.5% from the line this season, a career-low.

"I just go to the free throw line and say the stuff I say always to myself, try to have a good technique and just try to shoot the ball high and give it a chance because most of my [missed] shots are short.''

Via ESPN

Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Re: Giannis Antetokounmpo On Working Through Free Throw Struggles: Just Shoot More 

Post#2 » by Jedzz » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:15 am

Stop thinking before you shoot. Walk up there and toss it up out of muscle memory like it's something you have done already a million times. Because he has. These 40 million dollar basketcases drive me crazy. Are coaches giving them 4 robotic steps to make these shots? Just sink the easiest shot in basketball and move on.
wallus
Rookie
And1: 1,189

Post#3 » by wallus » Sat Jan 16, 2021 2:58 pm

He recognizes that most are short which is important. I wish he would shorten his routine, I don't like 5-7 dribbles personally. I would prefer it to be 2-3. He shoots better in games when he just fires and doesn't fiddle with it first.
boston_fan_ct
Sophomore
And1: 23

Post#4 » by boston_fan_ct » Sat Jan 16, 2021 8:21 pm

Too bad these guy won't at least entertain the "granny shot". one of the best free throw shooters ever in Rick Barry shot this way i think all it would take is for one star to do and and be successful to see it catch on and not be ridiculed. i think Giannis is just the guy to do it. he not all full of himself like many in the NBA.

i think one of the advantage to it is the backspin that results from shooting underhand. come on let's see it!

Return to Wiretap Discussion