Rick Carlisle After Luka Doncic's 42-Point Game: 'The Basketball Floor Is His Stage'

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Rick Carlisle After Luka Doncic's 42-Point Game: 'The Basketball Floor Is His Stage' 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sun Feb 7, 2021 5:39 pm

Rick Carlisle compared Luka Doncic's impact on the court to Larry Bird and Reggie Miller following the Dallas Mavericks' 134-132 win against the Golden State Warriors.

Doncic had a career-high 42 points and 11 assists in the game.

"The basketball floor is his stage. Guys like him -- and I was around [Larry] Bird; I was around Reggie Miller -- when there's another guy on the other team raising his game to the level that Curry was, you feel an obligation if you're that kind of player. I saw Bird do it; I saw Miller do it," said Carlisle of Doncic following the game.

Steph Curry, who currently leads Doncic in All-Star Game voting, also complimented Doncic.

"His eyes lit up a little bit. He made some big shots tonight," added Curry.

The Mavs had lost 12 straight one-possession games before Saturday's win, the third-longest streak in NBA history. 

Via Tim MacMahon/ESPN

Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Re: Rick Carlisle After Luka Doncic's 42-Point Game: 'The Basketball Floor Is His Stage' 

Post#2 » by Theo Ratliff » Sun Feb 7, 2021 6:29 pm

Luka still needs to learn when to shoot and when not to shoot. I've seen plenty of games where he hurts the team by chucking. Something he doesn't have to do because he can help the team in other ways.
irish22022
Senior
And1: 517

Re: Rick Carlisle After Luka Doncic's 42-Point Game: 'The Basketball Floor Is His Stage' 

Post#3 » by irish22022 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 8:55 am

Theo Ratliff wrote:Luka still needs to learn when to shoot and when not to shoot. I've seen plenty of games where he hurts the team by chucking. Something he doesn't have to do because he can help the team in other ways.

He has absolutely no clue how to manage a game, he makes zero people better, and won't get out of the first round of the playoffs for years. Stat padder. Great ball player if he knew how to play basketball, but being second worst in the west through 1/3 of the season would suggest he ain't ****

Return to Wiretap Discussion