Tom Thibodeau: Knicks Have Flexibility To 'Downsize' Lineup Without Mitchell Robinson

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 293

Tom Thibodeau: Knicks Have Flexibility To 'Downsize' Lineup Without Mitchell Robinson 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 13, 2021 5:27 pm

Tom Thibodeau discussed his lineup options without Mitchell Robinson, including going smaller.

“We’ll have some flexibility. We can play smaller (lineups). I like what Taj (Gibson) gives us. Obviously, the great value and the things that Mitch brought to the team was the defensive component and I feel that Nerlens (Noel) does many of those things extremely well," said Thibodeau when discussing replacements.

Robinson suffered a fractured right hand on Friday night.

Thibodeau also pointed to Obi Toppin and Kevin Knox as a way to "downsize" the lineup. 

“But I like the way Obi (Toppin)’s coming on. He’s giving us good minutes. So we have that option. We can downsize and can play Kevin (Knox) at the 4. Play Julius (Randle) at the 5. There’s a number of things we can do. I like the versatility of our team."

Via Ian Begley/SNY

TheCage4
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 518

Re: Tom Thibodeau: Knicks Have Flexibility To 'Downsize' Lineup Without Mitchell Robinson 

Post#2 » by TheCage4 » Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:58 pm

FREE OBI!
“And where once you had the freedom to object, to think and speak as you saw fit, you now have censors and systems of surveillance coercing your conformity and soliciting your submission.” -Alan Moore

Return to Wiretap Discussion