NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams

Moderators: BombsquadSammy, Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
Posts: 77,577
And1: 212
Joined: Mar 19, 2013

NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Thu Feb 18, 2021 6:33 pm

The NBA and NBPA have announced they will play its 2021 All-Star Game on March 7th in Atlanta. 


The game will follow the same competitive format as 2020 with teams competing to win each quarter and playing to a Final Target Score during an untimed fourth quarter.


The game will also have two captains choosing teams.

Via RealGM Staff Report

LesGrossman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,885
And1: 3,077
Joined: Mar 24, 2014
   

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#2 » by LesGrossman » Thu Feb 18, 2021 7:23 pm

I hope the whiners sit it out and let others have the experience, even though i think some of them are still so attention greedy they cant deal with the thought of a weekend of basketball and national TV without them. But the whining will continue nontheless.
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 23,167
And1: 8,449
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#3 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:43 pm

The All Star game has become such trash.
Ballknowledge
Ballboy
Posts: 16
And1: 2
Joined: Oct 26, 2020

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#4 » by Ballknowledge » Thu Feb 18, 2021 8:50 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:The All Star game has become such trash.


Curious as to why you think so. Last years game, the 4th quarter especially, was the most competitive and in my opinion the most entertaining one I’ve seen in years
User avatar
Blue_and_Whte
RealGM
Posts: 23,167
And1: 8,449
Joined: Jun 26, 2009
Location: Orlando, FL.
     

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#5 » by Blue_and_Whte » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:02 pm

Ballknowledge wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:The All Star game has become such trash.


Curious as to why you think so. Last years game, the 4th quarter especially, was the most competitive and in my opinion the most entertaining one I’ve seen in years
in how many years?
raylewis
Freshman
Posts: 90
And1: 21
Joined: Dec 08, 2014
         

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#6 » by raylewis » Thu Feb 18, 2021 9:15 pm

would be fun to give defensive player of the game award
RipPizzaGuy
RealGM
Posts: 11,280
And1: 6,921
Joined: Sep 17, 2010
     

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#7 » by RipPizzaGuy » Fri Feb 19, 2021 12:11 am

LesGrossman wrote:I hope the whiners sit it out and let others have the experience, even though i think some of them are still so attention greedy they cant deal with the thought of a weekend of basketball and national TV without them. But the whining will continue nontheless.


Truth. Let the Lebrons, Durants, Irvings, etc sit this one out. Let players with 3-6 years of experience get in.

PGS - Fox, Jamal Murray, Simmons, Trae Young, Sexton, Dejounte Murray
2s - Jaylen Brown, Mitchell, Booker, SGA, Brogdon, Buddy
3's - Tatum, Doncic, Ingram, Bridges, OG Anunoby, Beasley
4's - Wood, Sabonis, Collins, Siakam, MPJ, Markkanen
5's - Bam, Turner, Ayton, KAT, Jokic, Jarrett Allen

This would be so fun to watch
23artest23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,699
And1: 107
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Central Indiana corn field

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#8 » by 23artest23 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:16 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
LesGrossman wrote:I hope the whiners sit it out and let others have the experience, even though i think some of them are still so attention greedy they cant deal with the thought of a weekend of basketball and national TV without them. But the whining will continue nontheless.


Truth. Let the Lebrons, Durants, Irvings, etc sit this one out. Let players with 3-6 years of experience get in.

PGS - Fox, Jamal Murray, Simmons, Trae Young, Sexton, Dejounte Murray
2s - Jaylen Brown, Mitchell, Booker, SGA, Brogdon, Buddy
3's - Tatum, Doncic, Ingram, Bridges, OG Anunoby, Beasley
4's - Wood, Sabonis, Collins, Siakam, MPJ, Markkanen
5's - Bam, Turner, Ayton, KAT, Jokic, Jarrett Allen

This would be so fun to watch


That would be an absolute must watch for me.
Image
23artest23
Head Coach
Posts: 6,699
And1: 107
Joined: Jun 15, 2003
Location: Central Indiana corn field

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#9 » by 23artest23 » Fri Feb 19, 2021 4:20 pm

It's hard for me to get excited about anything Allstar related when we still have fan voting. It has been shown over and over that fans don't vote for deserving players but rather they vote for their favorites that sometimes happen to be deserving.
Image
LesGrossman
Lead Assistant
Posts: 4,885
And1: 3,077
Joined: Mar 24, 2014
   

Re: NBA Announces March 7th All-Star Game With Elam Ending, Captains Choosing Teams 

Post#10 » by LesGrossman » Fri Feb 19, 2021 5:52 pm

Blue_and_Whte wrote:
Ballknowledge wrote:
Blue_and_Whte wrote:The All Star game has become such trash.


Curious as to why you think so. Last years game, the 4th quarter especially, was the most competitive and in my opinion the most entertaining one I’ve seen in years
in how many years?

How does that matter??

Return to Wiretap Discussion