Joel Embiid Says He's 'Unguardable' After 50-Point Career-High

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Joel Embiid Says He's 'Unguardable' After 50-Point Career-High 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Sat Feb 20, 2021 5:24 pm

Joel Embiid scored a career-high 50 points in the Philadelphia 76ers' 112-105 win over the Chicago Bulls.

Embiid credited a new mentality for his play this season, saying that he's focused on dominating every minute he's on the floor.

"It just feels like the game has slowed down for me. I'll say the only difference this year from last year is not so much about coaching; it's more about me being willing to just dominate every single minute I'm on the floor ...  it's not about coaching, it's about me turning a corner and being willing to do it every single night on defense and on offense." said Embiid after the game.

Embiid is averaging 30.5 points and 11 rebounds this season.

The center added that his range of offensive skills makes him unguardable.

"That's what makes me unguardable. If you're going to crowd me, I'm going to find my way to the free throw line or I'm going to end up at the basket. If you back up on me, I've got the hesi -- that hesitation shot -- and my favorite, just pull-up shot. [That's] just an easy shot I always get in the post.

"So it's hard [to stop me] when you've got that much. And also off the dribble just dribbling the ball and just making things happen. I've been adding a lot to my game, and it's been working well."

Via Tim Bontemps/ESPN

Hipster Doofus
Head Coach
And1: 6,490

Re: Joel Embiid Says He's 'Unguardable' After 50-Point Career-High 

Post#2 » by Hipster Doofus » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:14 pm

Well, he's not wrong.
Truth is on the side of the oppressed.
jlokine
Analyst
And1: 3,934

Post#3 » by jlokine » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:23 am

enters marc gasol..
arneil
Sophomore
And1: 119

Post#4 » by arneil » Sun Feb 21, 2021 3:12 pm

As much as I like Embiids individual skill set and things like that. This guy is a joke. The Sixers aren't going anywhere with this guy. He's been in the league...what...7-8yrs now? I wouldnt want him on my team.

Return to Wiretap Discussion