Kyle Lowry's Agent Denies Sixers Trade Rumors

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 294

Kyle Lowry's Agent Denies Sixers Trade Rumors 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:17 am

Kyle Lowry's agent Mark Bartelstein denied reports that his client was looking for a trade to the Philadelphia 76ers.

“That’s just not true…I got on the phone with Masai (Ujiri, Raptors president) and Bobby (Webster, Raptors GM) and let them know that [report] certainly wasn’t coming from us," said Bartelstein on Sirius XM NBA Radio (h/t Pro Basketball Talk). 

There were reports from earlier in the day linking Lowry to the Sixers, Heat, and Clippers.

Lowry is also reportedly looking for a two-year deal worth $60 million in free agency. 

Via Kurt Helin/Pro Basketball Talk

Jabroni Lames
Analyst
And1: 3,956

Re: Kyle Lowry's Agent Denies Sixers Trade Rumors 

Post#2 » by Jabroni Lames » Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:16 pm

Daryl Morey stirring up sh*t like he always does. Pretty obvious.
duepayer
Freshman
And1: 11

Post#3 » by duepayer » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:41 pm

Is it me or does 60 mil sound steep for Lowry this late in his career? I know he's still a very effective player but that just seems like a lot for a guy deep on the backend of his career.

Also, I know they dismissed this as a rumor but I'd love to see him end his career on the Sixers. Would just be interesting to see who'd they'd give up for him
kanahda ballz
Junior
And1: 248

Post#4 » by kanahda ballz » Fri Feb 26, 2021 6:49 pm

It just shows you that so many of these "reports" from the media are just pure bull s**t.

Just like the scrub writer from bleacher report who claimed "a porcion" of the Raptors organization was looking into trading Lowry.

There might be 3 or maybe 4 people in the Raptors organization that would be privy to that kind of info and some unknown writer for some garbage rag claims he has access to one of those people.

The fake news era is upon us and is here to stay.
PerfectJab
Veteran
And1: 1,359

Post#5 » by PerfectJab » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:18 pm

duepayer wrote:Is it me or does 60 mil sound steep for Lowry this late in his career? I know he's still a very effective player but that just seems like a lot for a guy deep on the backend of his career.

Also, I know they dismissed this as a rumor but I'd love to see him end his career on the Sixers. Would just be interesting to see who'd they'd give up for him

It does sound like a lot but from what I've seen the annual salary only goes down with age if that player has experienced a drop in their play because of it. Where age is accounted for regardless of play is in the duration of the contract.

Lowry play has not dropped at all since his last contract which is likely the reason for his ask.
puja21
Bench Warmer
And1: 202

Post#6 » by puja21 » Fri Feb 26, 2021 8:43 pm

kanahda ballz wrote:It just shows you that so many of these "reports" from the media are just pure bull s**t.

Just like the scrub writer from bleacher report who claimed "a porcion" of the Raptors organization was looking into trading Lowry.

There might be 3 or maybe 4 people in the Raptors organization that would be privy to that kind of info and some unknown writer for some garbage rag claims he has access to one of those people.

The fake news era is upon us and is here to stay.

this doesn't show anything

agents and teams leak things like this literally every day, some true some false, and deny it all.

For agents it's literally part of the playbook.

The media are just pawns
LipSkinMatter
Sixth Man
And1: 1,906

Post#7 » by LipSkinMatter » Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:48 pm

Thank God
deebee
Freshman
And1: 16

Post#8 » by deebee » Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:20 pm

duepayer wrote:Is it me or does 60 mil sound steep for Lowry this late in his career? I know he's still a very effective player but that just seems like a lot for a guy deep on the backend of his career.

my guess is he’ll get bought out to pursue the ring with Philly, and in all likelihood with a wink-wink about resigning in Toronto for that 2yr
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#9 » by TD2FutureStar » Sat Feb 27, 2021 1:18 am

deebee wrote:

my guess is he’ll get bought out to pursue the ring with Philly, and in all likelihood with a wink-wink about resigning in Toronto for that 2yr

You can't be serious.....lmfao. when has a team ever bought out their franchise player in a year where he's playing extremely well and they are 5th in the East fighting for home court advantage in the playoffs. Sorry man, but that was the dumbest **** I've ever read on RealGM and I've seen a lot of dumb stuff written here.
AwkwardBoogaloo
Sophomore
And1: 391

Post#10 » by AwkwardBoogaloo » Sat Feb 27, 2021 7:37 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:
deebee wrote:

You can't be serious.....lmfao. when has a team ever bought out their franchise player in a year where he's playing extremely well and they are 5th in the East fighting for home court advantage in the playoffs. Sorry man, but that was the dumbest **** I've ever read on RealGM and I've seen a lot of dumb stuff written here.

Thanks for the laugh, this dude's got me in tears right now. Can't believe he actually said Lowry will be bought out :crazy: :lol:
njknicks
Pro Prospect
And1: 114

Post#11 » by njknicks » Sat Feb 27, 2021 11:15 am

Lowry's days in Toronto are numbered.

Masai could just pull another Kawhi type blockbuster out of this -- Bradley Beal on the clock?
deebee
Freshman

Post#12 » by deebee » Sat Feb 27, 2021 5:27 pm

AwkwardBoogaloo wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:
deebee wrote:

Thanks for the laugh, this dude's got me in tears right now. Can't believe he actually said Lowry will be bought out :crazy: :lol:

tough to see Toronto making it out of the first round + unlike a lot of franchises, they tend to know themselves. Taking care of franchise players is how you get other players to sign/resign — can’t see sending Lowry somewhere he doesn’t want to go, and not sure Ujiri wants to turn into Boston North building around an undersized PG and tweener forward whose shot disappears for weeks at a time. Feels like this one’s up to Lowry, all due respect to the homers.
TD2FutureStar
Sixth Man
And1: 1,369

Post#13 » by TD2FutureStar » Sun Feb 28, 2021 3:21 am

deebee wrote:
AwkwardBoogaloo wrote:
TD2FutureStar wrote:You can't be serious.....lmfao. when has a team ever bought out their franchise player in a year where he's playing extremely well and they are 5th in the East fighting for home court advantage in the playoffs. Sorry man, but that was the dumbest **** I've ever read on RealGM and I've seen a lot of dumb stuff written here.

tough to see Toronto making it out of the first round + unlike a lot of franchises, they tend to know themselves. Taking care of franchise players is how you get other players to sign/resign — can’t see sending Lowry somewhere he doesn’t want to go, and not sure Ujiri wants to turn into Boston North building around an undersized PG and tweener forward whose shot disappears for weeks at a time. Feels like this one’s up to Lowry, all due respect to the homers.

Can't believe you're defending your bad take. Let's revisit this conversation after the trade deadline. My guess is you look pretty damn silly.
deebee
Freshman

Post#14 » by deebee » Sun Feb 28, 2021 6:09 am

TD2FutureStar wrote:
deebee wrote:
AwkwardBoogaloo wrote:

Can't believe you're defending your bad take. Let's revisit this conversation after the trade deadline. My guess is you look pretty damn silly.

try to see the whole board ;)

Return to Wiretap Discussion