Re: Anfernee Simons Wins 2021 Slam Dunk Contest

Moderators: Domejandro, bwgood77

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 229

Anfernee Simons Wins 2021 Slam Dunk Contest 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 8, 2021 2:58 am

Anfernee Simons has won the 2021 Slam Dunk Contest.

Simons' second dunk was a tribute to Tracy McGrady in which he wore a throwback Toronto Raptors uniform. 

Obi Toppin came in second while Cassius Stanley finished third. 

Via RealGM Staff Report

OogaBooga
Ballboy
And1: 10

Post#2 » by OogaBooga » Mon Mar 8, 2021 3:36 am

That was the worst contest ever. The very first dunk might have been the best and the judges messed up right off the bat and the dude was eliminated cuz of it.
njknicks
Senior
And1: 83

Post#3 » by njknicks » Mon Mar 8, 2021 5:38 am

Absolutely worst dunk contest in NBA history ( alongside spin the wheel dunk contest ).

Time to do away with this portion of NBA all-star weekend -- referees crushed it + unless you are a legit hardcore NBA fan, there was no familiarity with the participants.

Cassius Stanley had the best dunk of the first round ( 50 ) but got the lowest score.
Except for Stanley, Simons / Toppin were participating in a layup line ( no fire / desire / hype when dunking ).

Replace the dunk contest with a team challenge game (i.e. Horse, long range contest, most free throws in a minute, highest vertical ) against international countries --- i.e. USA vs Spain / Argentina / France etc.
23artest23
Head Coach
And1: 142

Post#4 » by 23artest23 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 12:34 pm

After what I saw last night, I won't be watching anymore NBA dunk contests unless some real changes are made. The scoring is an absolute joke and the whole group of judges should be embarrassed by their role in the contest. When a group of judges can't manage to score a contest decently, those judges shouldn't have ever been involved and I feel bad for those that lost money betting with the incompetent judges at the center of it all.
moocow007
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,907

Post#5 » by moocow007 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 7:02 pm

They should have a slam dunk contest for guys that usually don't dunk. Make it more comical intentionally instead of unintentionally.

Return to Wiretap Discussion