Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Hornets Have 'Significant Interest' In Nikola Vucevic

Moderators: bwgood77, Domejandro

RealGM Wiretap
RealGM
And1: 292

Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Hornets Have 'Significant Interest' In Nikola Vucevic 

Post#1 » by RealGM Wiretap » Mon Mar 8, 2021 4:06 pm

The Orlando Magic have received interest from a number of teams on Nikola Vucevic.

Vucevic was an All-Star again in 2021 and has two more seasons remaining on his contract. The Magic are widely believed to prefer to keep Vucevic unless they are overwhelmed with an offer.

The Miami Heat, San Antonio Spurs, Boston Celtics and Charlotte Hornets have each expressed "significant interest" in Vucevic, sources tell Kevin O'Connor of The Ringer.

Via Kevin O'Connor/The Ringer

Theo Ratliff
Pro Prospect
And1: 718

Re: Heat, Spurs, Celtics, Hornets Have 'Significant Interest' In Nikola Vucevic 

Post#2 » by Theo Ratliff » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:10 pm

He's been the most consistent center for the past 10 years but no one cares about him. He' also developed a 3 point shot, which makes him even more deadly.

It's definitely time for the Magic to trade him and blow that team up. Fournier and Gordon have already reached their peaks and they aren't winning anything with that roster.
X_O_Z
Junior
And1: 254

Post#3 » by X_O_Z » Mon Mar 8, 2021 9:50 pm

Theo Ratliff wrote:He's been the most consistent center for the past 10 years but no one cares about him. He' also developed a 3 point shot, which makes him even more deadly.

It's definitely time for the Magic to trade him and blow that team up. Fournier and Gordon have already reached their peaks and they aren't winning anything with that roster.

As a Magic fan, I’m all for it. This season was filled with injuries and with that came with plenty of losses. Trade and get picks and get young. Fultz and Isaac will be back next season, so with a high draft pick things can be interesting in ORL.
Chi Dynasty12
Analyst
And1: 140

Post#4 » by Chi Dynasty12 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:05 pm

If I was the Magic I would not trade this man.
Chicago Bears 2025 Super Bowl Champions
Biff
Starter
And1: 1,181

Post#5 » by Biff » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:13 pm

His age doesn't really fit their timeline and dude is having a career year. If I'm the Magic I sell high and get as much back as I can. Would love to see him play for Pop for a couple of years.
"Now everybody wanna play for the heat and the Lakers? Let's go back to being competitive and going at these peoples!" - Kevin Durant
Salty1
Senior
And1: 81

Post#6 » by Salty1 » Mon Mar 8, 2021 11:14 pm

If Danny Ainge strikes out again I'm done with the celtics. Been a fan of the green since I started watching ball in 2007, these past 10 years have been atrocious.
BigHustle
Pro Prospect
And1: 156

Post#7 » by BigHustle » Tue Mar 9, 2021 2:40 am

Salty1 wrote:If Danny Ainge strikes out again I'm done with the celtics. Been a fan of the green since I started watching ball in 2007, these past 10 years have been atrocious.

We had a couple good year with Jared Sullinger.
tribulations
Analyst
And1: 1,276

Post#8 » by tribulations » Tue Mar 9, 2021 4:24 am

Doesn't fit their window, I'd be selling high
OogaBooga
Freshman
And1: 17

Post#9 » by OogaBooga » Tue Mar 9, 2021 4:36 am

Salty1 wrote:If Danny Ainge strikes out again I'm done with the celtics. Been a fan of the green since I started watching ball in 2007, these past 10 years have been atrocious.

Who you want him to trade?
Celtics have been okay to watch. Had a few funny years since 07. The rondo as the captain experiment was bad. I just want to see Jeff Teague move
Pickled Prunes
Head Coach
And1: 1,208

Post#10 » by Pickled Prunes » Tue Mar 9, 2021 5:14 am

Nobody wanted him until he looked good in the Skills Challenge! :wink:
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#11 » by TimeisIllmatic » Tue Mar 9, 2021 6:36 am

X_O_Z wrote:
Theo Ratliff wrote:He's been the most consistent center for the past 10 years but no one cares about him. He' also developed a 3 point shot, which makes him even more deadly.

As a Magic fan, I’m all for it. This season was filled with injuries and with that came with plenty of losses. Trade and get picks and get young. Fultz and Isaac will be back next season, so with a high draft pick things can be interesting in ORL.

Great draft year to get a high pick too.
TimeisIllmatic
Sixth Man
And1: 319

Post#12 » by TimeisIllmatic » Tue Mar 9, 2021 6:39 am

He probably will considering Boston doesn't have much in terms of assets unless they want to part with Marcus Smart which wouldn't make any sense. Miami and Charlotte can make better offers IMO.
FlatearthZorro
RealGM
And1: 11,904

Post#13 » by FlatearthZorro » Tue Mar 9, 2021 6:49 am

Biff wrote:His age doesn't really fit their timeline and dude is having a career year. If I'm the Magic I sell high and get as much back as I can. Would love to see him play for Pop for a couple of years.

Exactly. It's dumb to keep him now, if he doesn't have that great a season next year, they wont get as much.

And to add to that, the Magic seems like late lotto or play-in team at best with him this season.
Good assessment:

PLO wrote:Tatum played OK - took advantage of a few mismatches - decent on the defensive end. He is what we thought he was going into the season - a technically very proficient player operating close to his career ceiling as a rookie.

Return to Wiretap Discussion